Dunegant Park - St. Louis MO (Florissant) - Founded 12/1/12

Florissant. MO

Dunegant Park - St. Louis MO (Florissant) - Founded 12/1/12

Postby discdoh on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

The baskets are in!

Thank you City of Florissant!

Thank you Dave Mac!

There are scorecards with maps at the 1st tee. You can either park at Hole 1 or Hole 10, but the "real" lot is near Hole 1. Hole 1's teepad is about 100 yards from the main lot. Walk past the newer playground equipment (no swings) and shelter by about 150 feet. There are 4X4 posts at every teebox and 2 sets of tees marked with flush mounted and color coded pavers.

I really enjoyed the challenges that the Back 9 offered. There are lateral hazard bunkers purposefully dug in that add a TON of spice to the otherwise open holes. This is something very unique that should prove to be a winner...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Dunegant Park - St. Louis MO (Florissant) - Founded 12/1

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 pm

This is the first I have heard of this course where is it located
I would like to check it out
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm

270 north/east - turn left (N)at new halls ferry rd. take it for about 1 mile to pohlman rd turn left (W) should take you straight into the park.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby kyleveee on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:39 am

yusss!!! will be out there tomorrow rain or shine. +-NOON if anyone would like to join.
kyleveee
Bogey Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 pm

I was out there checking things out this morning. Its a nice little park plenty of parking. Played the blue tees and the sign post next to the red tees is in the way on a few of the holes(easy fix). Front 9 has alot of elevation changes, while the back is generally flat & open(besides 14&15). Its goin to be tough to get people to play the hazards correctly the way its set up it seems to combine ball golf & disc golf rules more on the back 9 than the front. It is not a links style course, if you are not in the marked and cut fairways or end up in a sand trap its a stroke penalty. But didnt see many people playing the course that way. Non the less another quality STL course good job.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Good to hear.......looking forward to checking it out..... :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

I found some time to make it out this afternoon. I am pleased. I played the OB's and bunkers correctly myself. The back nine would have been kinda boring without the OB rules. Nevertheless, if dummies want to have a boring DG game experience by throwing from the OB, I don't see it hurting much in this case.

Some of the course kinda needs to be cleaned up a bit, like the really deep grasses in the gully for holes 1 through 3 and the 10' deep leaves around 7 and 8, but it looks like that work is still underway.

I like it :D
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby MCdiscer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

This is an amazing course! Played it saturday and sunday

2 thumbs up to dave mac and anyone who had a part in the making.

I noticed a few people/groups walking around aimlessly/confused on where hole 1 or the next hole was. I guided them when i could. I would have been lost if not for a buddy showing me the way.

Only complaint would be not very many trash/reclycling cans. By the time i got back to the dumpster my bag was overloaded with trash that some schmucks left! I saw a lot of cans and lids near the shed after hole 4 and thought maybe the only have them out in summer? Any thoughts?

Once again, WELL DONE! i love the "ball golf feel"
2013 SCCDGC tag #130 (loss 11/17)
2013 STLDGC tag #80 (loss 11/17)
MCdiscer
Bogey Poster

Postby 5Milosboys on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 am

Really enjoyed playing this course. Monday was 76 degrees and sunny, pretty windy and a new course laid out before me... Great day, indeed!
Hopefully there are trashcans in the future. And some benches. And as the seasons change, mowed out fairways on the back 9 ala Sioux.
But truly, a well designed course that utilizes the available space to it's greatest potential. And I love the scorecard design.

A small kiosk or message board would be swell to show where hole 1 is, but the pavilion by 1 is numbered with a giant 1 sign, so...

Here's the DGCR link:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5936&mode=ci

And just some flavor shots:
Attachments
Hole 17 Pin to Tee again.JPG
Hole 2 Tee.JPG
Hole 2
DSC01238.JPG
Drive like you Stole it, Approach with Caution, Put(t) it where it belongs...
5Milosboys
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Dunegant Park