End of the World Party (The Cave in Crystal City)

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

End of the World Party (The Cave in Crystal City)

Postby Sac on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 am

End of the World Party/Tournament
*12/21/12 (Friday Night)
*Registration 6-8:30 (included Mayan inspired food available/included 7-9)
*ALL drinks included 7-11...yes ALL drinks. Of course you must be 21 to drink alcohol and please drink responsibly, have a designated driver, don't make a fool out of yourself.
*Player's Meeting at 8:30
*Start at 9 (depending on numbers, we may do rolling starts earlier as people get done eating and want to go out)
*2 rounds of 18 (you will get done late, but it is a rec event so if you can't stay the whole time it'll be okay).
*Limited edition SuperColor disc commemorating the event (sign up at http://www.facebook.com/SharpshootersDiscGolf to guarantee you get one...when they're gone they're gone)

*All of this for only $35!...name another bar/party that you can go (at night) and eat/drink/live music/get a disc/and play some golf for that price.

We really want people to take this as a good time on a Friday night as opposed to a down and serious tournament. Hope to see you all there...should be a really fun time.

Also want to mention that the cave will be open for non-golfers obviously. They are planning lots of fun things and will have a Groupon out to same some money off the door price. Tell your friends and family to come down and party/play volleyball/etc. while you're golfing and you can meet up between rounds/afterwards. http://www.crystalcityunderground.com/

If you've never been...
Directions coming from St. Louis area:

Head south on I-55 get off on Exit 175 in Festus
Turn left on Highway A (off the ramp)
Turn left onto S Truman Blvd (Highway 61-67)
Turn right onto Bailey Rd/Main Street
Turn right onto Mississippi Ave
Follow the large chain link fence around several tight turns until you see a large gate with a faded sign that says Crystal City Underground. Turn left onto this gravel road and follow it and then cross a very small old bridge and into a tunnel. The tunnel curves to the left and opens up to the parking area.

http://www.jcsharpshooters.com/
Sac
Bogey Poster

Re: End of the World Party (The Cave in Crystal City)

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 am

$35 bucks, where is all the money going to if its just a rec round (what % for payouts). Or does the 35$ include the jokerst jingle the following day(combo pak)? Tacos & chips aren't that much for those of us that don't drink alcohol anymore. And you cant really call it a fundraiser for the end of the world, what/where would you spend it on if there is no more world? Will you at least be giving away lights/glow sticks with the disc or a tee shirt? If there are enough tourny disc for everyone,sounds as if you didn't get that many. Will they playing both courses or just one course twice?
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Bison on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 am

Great questions! Got any answers Tim?
Bison
Par Poster

Postby Sac on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Let's see if I can answer all of the questions...

$35 bucks, where is all the money going to if its just a rec round (what % for payouts)...Tacos & chips aren't that much for those of us that don't drink alcohol anymore.

The Crystal City Underground is having its own end of the world style party and THEY (not us) decided that anyone that comes into the cave on this night was part of the party and with the vastness of the cave and the limited number of employees that it would be impossible to police the entire place to make sure that a bunch of people came in and paid a lower non-drinking fee and then have one person go to the various bars inside and get everyone drinks. They came up with a charge that they feel they can still make money. Unfortunately there will be some people who will get less bang for their buck and others that will get more. We have no control over this expense and actually almost caused us to cancel it. This is where almost all of that $35 is going.

Will you at least be giving away lights/glow sticks with the disc or a tee shirt?

Going off the last question, the original plan was to have a really nice shirt to go along with it, but the added expense that was added on late forced us to scrap it...or the event would have been more like $50 or more.

Are there enough tourney discs for everyone,sounds as if you didn't get that many.
I think we'll have enough, but I'd pre-register at FaceBook.com/SharpshootersDiscGolf if you want to guarantee you get one.

Will they playing both courses or just one course twice?
This is another thing that changed on us late. We are only able to use one of the courses but we are going to be changing it up...I think you'll enjoy it.

I hope that answers most of the questions. I don't hit these boards as much as I should, so I apologize for the late response. This event is setup from the ground up as a party atmosphere than a serious tournament. I hope everyone is planning on kicking back and having great time on a Friday night with food, drinks, friends, and golf.

I've had quite a few people from outside the metro STL (Tulsa, OK the farthest so far) confirm that they will be making the trek to Crystal City to enjoy the fun. It should be a good time.

~Tim Lucas
Sac
Bogey Poster

Postby Bison on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:51 am

I will be there to help-not play!
Bison
Par Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 am

We are going to redesign the course a little bit as it was changed up when they put in two courses.
We are going to keep the design on the North course except for a few holes on the back 9. The ones that get close to the front of the cave are in the way of the party folk.
I think we will make it a bit longer and hopefully more FUN.
So I would suggest you come down and play a round or two before the End Of The World!
Leagues play every Thursday and Friday night. They are open on Saturday and Sunday also.

See you in the Cave!
Mark D
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Tom from the Cave was wanting to know how many people were coming to the cave for the End of the
World Tournament. If you are planning on going get with the Jefferson County boys and let them know asap!
Joes # is 314-276-5112
This will be a ton of fun and if the world does end ...what a great place to be!

See you there
Mark D
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:09 pm

looks like the guy who was gonna ride down with me isn't going to make it, so i'm gonna be a one man wolf pack. i'm looking to hop into a group and play if anybody from the forum is gonna be attending.

derek
dehaas
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments