2013 Club Member Hoodies for sale now!

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

2013 Club Member Hoodies for sale now!

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey there everyone, we've just got in our limited edition supply of 2013 St. Louis Disc Golf Club pullover hoodies.

They are a really soft, heavy athletic fleece blend with very tight stitching and big pockets. There's a good thick draw string and they have a nice, bandless elastic at the cuffs an waist. I also find the material dye quality to be top notch - very rich. So. I'm betting these babies are going to last a long time.

These will be available starting this Sunday at the Willmore Park Super-Nooner and at the club store until supplies run out.
They come in Black & Dark Red. Sizes are Large and X-Large.

$32 for club members only

Last edited by Stubborn Puppet on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: 2013 Club Member Hoodies for sale now!

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Couple o questions there S.P. How much are they? Zipper no zipper? Sizes? Are there any without the year printed and just the STLDGC logo? Is there a pre order list? Thanks
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Knew the questions would come up... was waiting for clarity to answer you on some of them.

They are pullovers
This limited run is a 2013 Member exclusive, kind of like a companion piece to the 2013 tags and member disc.
They come in Large and XL.
No preorder on this run... but it's a possibility if they sell fast.
Prices: I'm waiting for confirmation and will update asap.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Stubborn Puppet, I think this art work is exceptional. Put me down for a Large Blue. Does the hood at rest, block the art?
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 am

First, I am mistaken, there were only Black and Dark Red colors. It looked like a dark navy blue in the bottom of the box. I was wrong. I have edited the original post to give more detail.

The hood at rest does NOT block the art. The tip of the hood falls just on the top of the arch and I think it looks just about perfect that way.

See you Sunday.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 am

There are only 7 of these left, reply or send me a PM if you want to arrange to get one. We still have both colors and both sizes available.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby hohman on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

I would love to get an XL red one; I have tomorrow (Wed) off; what's the best way to hook up?
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

Awesome Hohman! Send me a Private Message and we'll communicate by that or by phone. I'll do what I can to be flexible and get together quickly.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby 5Milosboys on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm

These look awesome! I have to ask about the chances of a 2x tshirt being in the works...
Drive like you Stole it, Approach with Caution, Put(t) it where it belongs...
5Milosboys
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Good question about the possibility of shirts!

Here's the honest truth. This year (2012) the club has been hit hard by the economy, right along with it's members. Sales of merchandise at the club store have been in a real slump and that has left us with a surplus of inventory and drastically reduced our purchasing power (as in, it's cheaper to buy in bulk, but we haven't been able to sell in bulk). As a result, we have been forced to start selling our apparel below cost - not like those silly car dealer commercials, but actually for less than we paid for it.

So, these hoodies are selling below what they cost to make, but we still wanted to have something for our 2013 members to sport this winter. Their entire existence is thanks to a few unprinted hoodies we still had from the order for the Club Championships in October. We wanted to do something exclusive with them... and I think they came out pretty nice.

What we (the club) really needs, is to sell some apparel to make room for more and put some cash back into the budget. If we can sell through most of the items we currently have, then we will definitely be able to get some new stuff ordered. How our members can help is by buying some of the great stuff we have now. There are some really great pieces of apparel from the recent Club Championships still in stock that I hope folks can find a home for, including some 2XL shirts.

Thanks
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion