Course looking **ehhhh**

Wentzville, MO

Course looking **ehhhh**

Postby MCdiscer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 am

I have been playing quail for years now and I couldn't help but notice how rough its been looking lately.

~Every table/ bench is marked up with obscene comments, kids play this course too so lets try to keep it nice for everyone.

~WHERES THE MULCH!?!?!? its sad to see my disc's so chewed up! not to mention, I've had so many B*S* rolls from those rocks.

~ whats going on with the old tee pad on 18?

I love the course and it used to be the nicest one one STL.
I know its not a pay to play, so funding is tight but I can volunteer time and i know a few ppl who would help. if mulch and sanders /deck stain were supplied.
Lets restore this course to its prime. PLEASE!

Last edited by MCdiscer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 SCCDGC tag #130 (loss 11/17)
2013 STLDGC tag #80 (loss 11/17)
MCdiscer
Bogey Poster

Re: Course looking ROUGH

Postby Whitebirch on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am

How do you think that the ones who donated their time to do all the work out there feel? We can fix some of the graffiti and as soon as you walk away it will be right back. I personally know when the concrete pad was poured a dedicated disc golfer stayed until the concrete was almost hard to keep it from being vandilized but guess what I spent over an hour with a rubbing stone taking that writing off of it the next morning. As far as mulch goes the parks department was handling that. When 18 pad was removed it was our understanding that the parks were also going to fix the area where the old tee pad was.

You can email me @ discgolfstl@gmail.com I will make sure you know when work days are out there.
Whitebirch
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 am

Without knowing for sure who you are MCdiscer my first question would be if you and your friends are members of the St. Charles County Disc Golf Club? Joining is the easiest way to help us have the funds to improve Quail. We actually have a decent amount of cash to work with, but there are currently 2 big projects in the works so we can't spend any large amount of money at this time.

Personally I think it's a lost cause to try and get the graffiti off the benches and picnic tables since as soon as you do some punk will just come back through and mess it up again. I feel your frustration as I was the one that spent many hours building those picnic tables. If you would like to try to sand and stain them though to see how it helps I can certainly get some supplies to you.

I can check with the parks dept about the mulch. Keep in mind that in most places it will just wash away. If there are certain areas that you'd like to work on let me know and I'll see what I can do about the mulch. Usually the parks dept has plenty, but it's a matter of which park they currently have it at.

The parks dept will be repairing the old tee pad on 18 next spring. They saw no point in doing it at the time the new pad was installed since it was too late in the year. Speaking of 18 though I have the 4x4 and concrete sitting in my garage to replace the tee sign. Anyone is welcome to come by to pick up the materials to get the post installed.

You can contact whitebirch or myself at andymajesky@live.com and we'll do what we can to help.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 pm

I'll guess that MCDiscer IS a SCCDGC Member as he has SCCDGC tag #63 listed in is posts signature line. Also has STLDGC tag #63 listed... but I can't say which year.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Good call on the tags in the signature. And being his first post I'm assuming he is a current member of both clubs. Now that we have that out of the way I'll just ask again to contact Jim or myself and we'll do what we can to help out. We can never have enough willing volunteers.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby MCdiscer on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:27 pm

let me start off by apologizing if I offended or insulted anyone. I wasn't sure on what type of response i would get but I'm glad someone cares. I now can see that the majority of the users on this site, are helping this course and others.. the vandalism to the benchs/tables is most likely caused by "casual players".

~I would love to help at the work days.

~as for the mulch: I have access to a truck and have some supplies to spread it . let me know where to get it and who to talk to.

~if the gravel from 18's old pad needs to be moved, or dirt filled on top I can certainly help anytime. its not causing a problem, just looks odd.

~There have been any improvements to the course over the years and THANK YOU for that.

and yes i am a member of both clubs and quail is listed as my home course.
MCdiscer
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 am

Thank you!

By the way, if I find out who the "mastermind" behind the "Disc Charging Station" is, I'm going to trace their face onto a picnic table and label it "Face Pounding Station". If anyone knows who these pieces of crap are, you can tell them I'm looking for them.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

I am meeting with the parks dept on Sunday and will find out if they have any mulch available at this time. If they do they don't have a problem moving it for us if we tell them where we want it. It is up to us though to spread it out. I'll keep you posted.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby MCdiscer on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

magic wrote:I am meeting with the parks dept on Sunday and will find out if they have any mulch available at this time. If they do they don't have a problem moving it for us if we tell them where we want it. It is up to us though to spread it out. I'll keep you posted.

AWESOME!!! Are there limits to where we can put it? I remember when the whole course was covered!! i would love to cover every pin placement on every hole.. HAHA

But if its a limited supply or "rules" apply

holes: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 17 and maybe 18 would benefit from a 10 foot diameter circle around the baskets!

THANKS SO MUCH! Let me know when/what I can do!
MCdiscer
Bogey Poster

Return to Quail Ridge Park