11-10-12' fundraiser for baby sydney

Promote/Discuss Tournaments & Events outside the greater STL-area

11-10-12' fundraiser for baby sydney

Postby dahig on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Alright guys, we have a fellow club member(centralia) in need of help. Rob Pierson's little girl has a disease called C-CAM, which is a disease that affects the lungs. At birth, Sydney had 3 tumors in her left lung, but it has progressed to 9 tumors. She's gonna have to have a lung transplant, plus it has spread to the once healthy lung also. I would like to see us come together to raise some money to help out with expenses that they will have during this long road they are facing.
when: saturday, nov. 10th
where: centralia's foundation park
format: 1 round of 18 holes play from the red tees on the champ course.
prizes for the top 3 finishers!!
start time: registration from 9:00 - 9:44
players meeting at 9:45. tee off at 10:00.
cost: $20 (anything extra is up to you...)
short and sweet and to the point boys....
we are holding this event to help offset some of the cost/bills that this sweet baby needs help with. get off your arses, dig deep and help us with the most worthwhile fundraiser we have EVER put on.
dahig
Bogey Poster

Re: 11-10-12' fundraiser for baby sydney

Postby dahig on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

a HUGE thank you to all the players who attended last saturday's event...
there were 16 local guys who came out and generously gave to help sydney and her parents during this very tough time.
also thank you to jill, jerry and colin barklage...who donated even tho' they could not make it over to play.
so... with the help from all of you guys we were able to raise $530 for the cause!!
i personally want to express my gatitude and say how proud i am of everyone that we can come together to help out in such a fine fashion.
i know that it seems like the CDGC holds a lot of fundraiser events and without all of you unselfish folk out there a lot things would not have happened this year. AND out of all the fundraisers we have held, this one for sydney was (obviously) the most worth while event we have put on as a club.
once again...THANK YOU ALL!!!!
and lets hope this will (a little bit anyway) help get sydney through this.
dahig
Bogey Poster

Return to Tournaments Elsewhere