The "Beginners' League" at Watson Trail

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: The "Beginners' League" at Watson Trail

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Just a friendly reminder about the league tomorrow.

I have heard that Joe Bryson, from the Sharpshooters is going to be there tomorrow to run the course with us newbies and will be open for pointers on technique and strategy. Should be a great time, so I hope to see a bunch of familiar faces tomorrow.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

GAME 26

Wonderful weather, no other players on the course... and good company from our two visiting experts, Joe Bryson and Karl Hochstatter. They came bearing not only 30+ years of experience, but 2 discs for the prize box, a Gateway Open Samurai and a Innova Star Dart (signed by Nikko Locastro).

Here's the breakdown:

6 players - singles (+ Joe and Karl H.)

The league balance was $162.77
I used $50 from the party part of this balance to purchase our LED blinkers supply)
This left the total prior balance at $112.77
Fees paid of $30
$18 towards payouts
$6 towards prizes and expenses
$6 towards the party
New league balance: Prizes and Expenses = $22.77 / Party = $102 Total = $124.77

Here's the breakdown:

The night ended with us playing for places in 3 divisions: Advanced Beginners, Intermediate Beginners and New Beginners.

Advanced
Name, Score, Place, Payout
Matt Grogan, 52, 1st, $6
Andy Lansing, 56, 2nd, -

Intermediate
Daniel Doss, Tie for 1st, 58, ($6 after shootout)
Karl Schute, Tie for 1st, 58, ($6 after shootout)

New
Cassidy Thomas, 67, 1st, $6
Travis Williams, 68, 2nd, -

No Aces were hit, I don't think any of us actually threw particularly good drives :(

We ran two CTP's, hole 6 on the first round and hole 9 on the second round. Matt nailed his usual parking spot on 6 for the prize on the first round. Somebody forgot the flag for hole 9 on the second round, but we think Daniel got it... but since the shot was not terribly inspiring, we've decided to just drop that CTP back into the box for next time.

Good games everyone. Joe Bryson tells us he'll be back next week and possibly every week until we're done... he must have had a good time and I know he wants some redemption for his 64. Watson Trail is the great equalizer 8-)

HEY!, there are only 4 games left in the league and then we have our end of league glow party. Don't miss out.

The LED's are in stock now. Here's how I'm going to handle them. I'm paying for them out of the Party fund (which I'll recalculate next week after I pay the invoice for them) and that means If you've played 6 or more league games, you can have 4 of them for free. If you've played between 3 and 5 games, you can have 2 for free. Beyond that, they're selling 2 for $3 to league players (when paying your $5 fee and playing the league).

Remember to reserve November 1st! This is the final night of league and will be our League Party and a glow game. We'll have the shelter reserved for a cookout and all the baskets will be lit.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Just a bump to remind everyone to show up for tonights league. Game 27 of a 31 game series... that 's getting down to the wire.

See you there.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 pm

GAME 27

What a nice turnout today. Welcome to two new league members, Mark Myers and Mike Shaw entered the ranks and made a great addition to the gang.

Here's the breakdown:

9 players - singles

The league balance was $124.77
Fees paid of $45
$27 towards payouts
$9 towards prizes and expenses
$9 towards the party
New league balance: Prizes and Expenses = $31.77 / Party = $111 Total = $142.77

Here's the breakdown:

The night ended with us playing for places in 3 divisions: Advanced Beginners, Intermediate Beginners and New Beginners.

Advanced
Matt Grogan, 53, 1st, $3

Intermediate
John Renteria, 56, 1st, $9
Mark Myers, 59, 2nd, -
Daniel Doss, 60, 3rd, -

New
Karl Schutte, 63, 1st, $12
Travis Williams, 65, 2nd, -
Cassidy Thomas, 65, 2nd, -
Mike Shaw, 66, 3rd, -

No Aces were hit.

CTP was on hole 4. Karl picked that one up nicely and took home a pretty red Lat64 Flow Opto.

Thank you all for a good time and good game. See you next week.

HEY!, there are only 3 games left in the league and then we have our end of league glow party. Don't miss out.

The LED's are in stock now. Here's how I'm going to handle them. I'm paying for them out of the Party fund (which I'll recalculate next week after I pay the invoice for them) and that means If you've played 6 or more league games, you can have 4 of them for free. If you've played between 3 and 5 games, you can have 2 for free. Beyond that, they're selling 2 for $3 to league players (when paying your $5 fee and playing the league).

Remember to reserve November 1st! This is the final night of league and will be our League Party and a glow game. We'll have the shelter reserved for a cookout and all the baskets will be lit.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Genn on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Good times tonight, thanks for having us! WT didn't give me the practice with my Buzzz I'd planned, but I sure did learn to love my Leopard as a turnover disc!
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Just a brief bump to remind folks about the League tomorrow night at 5:15. With just 3 games left in the league this year before the party and end of its 2012 season and first year, there's little opportunity left to enjoy the good times we're having. Don't miss out.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:32 am

GAME 28

We had 4 players - singles

The league balance was $142.77
Fees paid of $20
$12 towards payouts
$4 towards prizes and expenses
$4 towards the party
New league balance: Prizes and Expenses = $35.77 / Party = $115 Total = $150.77

Here's the breakdown:

The night ended with all 4 of us landing in the "We Suck" division. Ugh... what can you do. Probably didn't help that we ended up being harrassed by a group of 8 players on 1 card throwing drives at us.

Karl Schutte, 62, 1st, $12
Daniel Doss, 63, 2nd, -
Travis Williams, 65, 3rd, -
Don Rush, 65, 3rd, -

No Aces were hit.

CTP was on hole 3. Don stole this from Karl on the second round and chose a blue Lat64 Opto Halo from the box.

See you next week.

HEY!, there are only 2 games left in the league and then we have our end of league glow party. Don't miss out.

Remember to reserve November 1st! This is the final night of league and will be our League Party and a glow game. THE PRIZES AND PAYOUTS FOR THIS GLOW GAME WILL BE RESERVED FOR QUALIFIED, BEGINNER LEVEL, LEAGUE MEMBERS - anyone can attend and enjoy the game though. We'll have the shelter reserved for a cookout and all the baskets will be lit. Looks like we'll be having cash prizes for CTP's and, if no ace is hit over the next 3 games, we'll do a ring of fire challenge to see who takes home a portable basket that I'll purchase with the ace pool money.
Last edited by Stubborn Puppet on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 am

GAME 29 Reminder.

We're on our next to the last game of the league tonight, at 5:15, before our end of league party and glow game. I've got a couple of brand new discs in the CTP box that folks are sure to be enticed by. I've still got plenty of the LED's available too.

Nobody had anything to say, so we'll be having chili and hotdogs with potato salad, beers and soda at the party. I'll have plenty of CTP's and fun side activities to go along with the glow round on Nov. 1st. Plan on being there.

See you tonight.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

GAME 29 Next to last regular game

We had 4 players - singles

The league balance was $150.77
I purchased two new discs for the CTP's for $32.11
Leaving the balance at $118.66
Fees paid of $20
$12 towards payouts
$4 towards prizes and expenses
$4 towards the party
New league balance: Prizes and Expenses = $7.66 / Party = $119 Total = $126.66

Here's the breakdown:

The night ended with all 4 of us landing in the "Playin' Slop" division. We're under no illusions any more. It was really windy, we'll blame it on that. :roll:

Karl Schutte, 61, 1st, $12
Daniel Doss, 63, 2nd, -
John Renteria, 66, 3rd, -
Don Rush, 69, 4th, -

No Aces were hit, but Don sure had a couple of close calls... after choosing to NOT pay into the pool.

I set up my temp basket between holes 7 and 8, a familiar spot that everyone seems to like, and played that as 8 - then threw from the 8 pad to the 9 basket as hole 9. We put the CTP on that temp hole 8. Ole' Karl managed to grab that early and was the only one to beat himself on the second round so he grabbed a Nikko autographed Innova Dart from the box.

See you next week for the final regular league game of the year.

HEY!, there is only 1 game left in the league and then we have our end of league glow party. Don't miss out.

The LED's are still in stock now. Here's how I'm going to handle them. I'm paying for them out of the Party fund - and that means If you've played 6 or more league games, you can have 4 of them for free. If you've played between 3 and 5 games, you can have 2 for free. Beyond that, they're selling 2 for $3 to league players (when paying your $5 fee and playing the league).

Remember to reserve November 1st! This is the final night of league and will be our League Party and a glow game. THE PRIZES AND PAYOUTS FOR THIS GLOW GAME WILL BE RESERVED FOR QUALIFIED, BEGINNER LEVEL, LEAGUE MEMBERS - anyone can attend and enjoy the game though. We'll have the shelter reserved for a cookout and all the baskets will be lit.
We'll be serving up some chilli, hotdogs (or chillidogs), potato salad, beer and soda before the game starts.
Looks like we'll be having a mix of cash and merch prizes for CTP's and they'll be available on every hole. If no ace is hit over the next 2 games, we'll do a ring of fire challenge to see who takes home a portable basket that I'll purchase with the ace pool money. We'll also be ceremonially burning all of the score cards from the entire 2012 Beginners' League season in an effort to "cover up the evidence". That should be fun too.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33 am

Well folks, here we are. Tonight is the final regular game of the Beginners' League. 30 games, can you believe we're already there?

We're looking at a possible good turnout tonight, so don't miss it.

Next week, Nov.1, is the first day off of Daylight Savings Time and the league party. If you're a member of the Beginners' League, this event is free. Free food, free drinks and a free nightime game with lit baskets, lit discs, special challenges, CTP's on every hole, alternating tee locations and "The Burning of the Cards".

I am begging for you to just give me a basic RSVP to the party, so I know how much food and drink to buy. I don't need or expect a concrete committment, just an "I am hoping to come to this..." will do fine.
I'm also asking about drinks. Will you drink beer, soda... both?

Thanks everyone, see you there.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.