Crystal City Underground, Thursday League

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Crystal City Underground, Thursday League

Postby jmckee1147 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:17 pm

I have recently spoke to the Underground with the idea of a Thursday League after time change, it would start November 8th. There would be 2-9 week sessions before the time changed again. There would be rolling starts from 5-7pm and you would play 18 holes. After the 18 holes, a golfer could continue to play until close, around midnight, there is 36 holes total in the place. The cost to join the league would be $20, plus there would be a nightly fee of $5, this would be for cash ctp's and an ace pool, plus money to the Underground. On the ninth week there would be some sort of players party, food and prizes if I have it my way!

Who is interested this league? What format would everyone like to see this league run (divisions, flighted, or handicapped)? Any other thoughts?

Just think, 18 weeks during the winter with constant, no wind, 60 deg temps, no rain, no snow and all the beer you can drink.... for $2 a can....
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Re: Crystal City Underground, Thursday League

Postby jmckee1147 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

One of the objectives of the league is to maintain and modify the course to a wonderful place to play golf. Changes will be made weekly to get the place up to snuff.

J
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby MADDISC on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Joe I don't think I could make every week but If it was show up and play I might be able to make a few weeks.
Just my two cents!
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Tryin to figure out a format so that it could be a relaxed show up when you can league. Or does it need to be strick, 7 weeks out of 9, be there or be square, and square discs don't fly well.
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby discpicable on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm

definately interested, but not sure if i or my friends could make it out every week. if the format were to be so that every week is like a mini tournament i'm sure you could get a decent turnout every week. it seems that this would be the only place that people could come out and keep their game up without having to worry about the weather over the winter.
discpicable
Bogey Poster

Postby fadingaway on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:24 pm

I'd would come down as much as possible myself! Maybe even on Fridays so everyone wasn't time pressed being a school night and all.
RCF#40 Sharpshooter#15 SCCDGC#36 SoIl#20
fadingaway
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Joe, as I've mentioned to you personally, I am 100% behind this if it means that YOU get to start working again on setting up and improving the course. What Dude and yourself did down there before was freaking awesome - what they have now is a joke.

Being realistic, Crystal City is a 55 minute drive for me and I would be very pressed to make it too very often on Thursdays. Fridays would be better, but I can understand why there are no leagues on Friday night. Nevertheless, if the goal of the league is to have fun while working to return this course to it's former glory, I will be there as often as I can.

Thanks.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.