2013 RCF Board Volunteers?

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

2013 RCF Board Volunteers?

Postby dtwest57 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:17 pm

We have the club championships in a month and that is the time when we bring in our new board for 2013. Do we have some volunteers interested in running for a board position in 2013?

Here are the position that we have:
President
Vice President
Treasurer
Secretary
Promotions
Web site / Communications
Merchandise

We know Tim Wiegard, our VP, will not run again next year. Thanks to Tim for his outstanding work this year!! His help as the March TD for both C-tiers, and his help in preparation for the STL Open was invaluable. We do not know yet about all of the other board member's plans.

The main requirements are that you can carve out time each month to help run this club, and that you have a big passion for the greater good of the sport. Realize it will require meetings once per month, an expectation to help run our two big tournaments of the year (STL Open and Club Championships), and a hope you will be able to help at a few other tournaments during the year. Different Position require different levels of participation - for instance the merchandise guy this year was Bob Waidmann. Be sure to thank Bob - he hauled a lot of merchandise around for the club all year long and attended the majority of the events ... so that is a position that requires a lot of time or two people handling it.

I did read the posts on volunteering and like a lot of the comments. Please consider helping and volunteer for a position.

Dave West
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Re: 2013 RCF Board Volunteers?

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:30 pm

I intend to run for the Website/Communications Board Position. While I wasn't elected for the 2012 year, I volunteered to take on the responsibilities of the position late last year and was elevated to the Board position by a vote of the Board...I figured I'd try to go the legit route this year! Not to toot my own horn, but I think our website/forums and general online presence over the last 12 months have made quite a turnaround, and I'd be happy to continue to be at the head of those efforts. Here's some of the cool stuff from over the last year:

Increased Participation and Views (we've almost doubled the previous records for pageviews and have increased forum participation significantly)
Tourney Recaps and Photos (regular tourney updates have driven much of the increased traffic to the main site)
Ongoing Design and Content Improvements (click here to see the Club website from 2011 vs. here for today. the forums were also updated and cleaned up and a mobile forum style installed...thanks to Daniel Doss and others who helped)
Tournament Coverage on the PDGA homepage and the magazine (the STLO and Collegiate Championships were both covered)
River City Ratings (click here to check them out...big thanks go to Greg Wilcox for his ongoing assistance and administration of the Updates)

All that said, the time I've been able to devote to ongoing improvements and regular posting/updating has lessened somewhat over the last 6 months, and I'm going to take this opportunity to reach out to potential volunteers. Here are some areas where I could use a hand, with the approximate amount of commitment needed to fulfill the role:

forum administration: approving/denying new members (2 or 3 times a week. Roughly 15mins per.)
forum moderation: Communicating Club/Board information via the Forums, answering questions where possible and forwarding posts to appropriate Board members for response. Also moving, editing, locking, merging threads etc. (as needed...I check the Forums daily, and probably spend about an hour a week emailing and posting on Club Business. Any help in this area would likely take no more than 15mins a week.)
website administration: deleting spam comments, approving or posting Updates, installing backend updates, helping with ongoing improvements in design, content, and functionality (as needed...hour or two a month maybe)
website contributors: looking for people to contribute to the "updates" page with short blog-style posts about local DG news, etc. Pics, videos, and scoring updates from tournaments and events are always welcome. (as needed and available)
facebook/twitter administration: responding to messages/questions and generally staying active on our FB page(as needed...no more than 30 mins per week)

Please post here if you'd be interested in helping out in any of these areas if I'm chosen to continue in the position.

Thanks
Ted Spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Re: 2013 RCF Board Volunteers?

Postby dtwest57 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm

I forgot to list one other key position - Membership Manager. Chris told me he does not plan to do this next year. Any volunteers?

Dave West
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion