Arnold Park Beginners League

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Arnold Park Beginners League

Postby Disc_Mike on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 pm

I dont know if there are any beginners leagues in arnold park but I would like see about starting one. Let me know who to get in touch with to get the disc rolling on this...
In The Bag Champion Wraith,Star Archon,Champion Valkyrie,Champion Sidewinder, Star Vulcan,Champion Monster,Champion Viking,R-Pro Boss,DX Archangel,DX Dragon,Glo Nuke,DX Roc,Star Skeeter, DX Cheetah,Z-Buzzz,Champion Rhyno,SuperSoft Wizard
Disc_Mike
Bogey Poster

Re: Arnold Park Beginners League

Postby Strange on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 am

Define "beginners". I'm down south & may play in one if it's started, but I've played awhile. But good news, I still suck
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 am

Get in touch with me in a PM Mike. I started mine this year. It's the first one in the whole area and I've learned a lot that can help you decide what you want to do.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Disc_Mike on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:30 pm

The best idea to start would be to see what sort of turnout we would get if we did start a beginners league. If anyone in this area would like to join or knows others who want to join send thme this way.
In The Bag Champion Wraith,Star Archon,Champion Valkyrie,Champion Sidewinder, Star Vulcan,Champion Monster,Champion Viking,R-Pro Boss,DX Archangel,DX Dragon,Glo Nuke,DX Roc,Star Skeeter, DX Cheetah,Z-Buzzz,Champion Rhyno,SuperSoft Wizard
Disc_Mike
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I'll tell you this right now, you can't start or not start the league based on suspected turnout, you just have to do it. Any league will start off very slow and you'll even have days with only 3 players... but it will grow. I've been told that, "The second year of any league is where the numbers start to grow" by numerous other league organizers.

A Beginners' League is probably even a little harder because you'll be dealing with players who haven't yet had their entire life consumed by disc golf, yet. But you should still do it.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.