The "Beginners' League" at Watson Trail

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: The "Beginners' League" at Watson Trail

Postby Bison on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

A lot of beginners are very comfy with blizzard plastic ad it gives them a bit more distance right out of the gate
Bison
Par Poster

Postby hoogiegirl on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:38 pm

We have banjo club this week, but I am looking forward to seeing you again the week after! My crazy school prep is now done :)
hoogiegirl
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Bison wrote:A lot of beginners are very comfy with blizzard plastic ad it gives them a bit more distance right out of the gate

I hear you on that. What I really wish is that Innova would do Blizzard versions of molds other than their highest speed drivers. Beginners honestly have no business throwing Destroyers and Apes anyhow. Wouldn't it be nice to see a Blizzard TeeBird or Blizzard Roc?

I love that Gateway has their "Easy to Throw" (lightweight) line of discs, especially made for beginners. The trouble is, I've had a whole set of them in the CTP box since the first night of league and nobody has ever been interested in any of them... even had people totally pass on claiming their CTP prize because that was what was available. Heck, if I win a CTP, I'm going to take the lightweight Samurai...
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm

most all of the innova drivers speed 9 and under can be found in 150 class of some type of plastic, and some of the faster drivers can be also without the use of blizzard. innova also makes dx rocs in 150 class. your best bet in tracking down some 150 class non wide rimmed discs is going to be online.

i've personally seen 150 class champ orcs, teebirds, eagles, firebirds, valkyries, vikings, leopards, banshees, and sidewinders.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby legendarydave on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I found a dx Sidewinder that is only 137g! Where else can I find some DX drivers in the 130-139g weight??? It flies just as far as my blizzard katana and it was 6 bucks cheaper!!! And to stay sort of on topic, I'll make it to the beginner's league next time I actually get a Thursday off! But yes, I'm a beginner and keep trying to throw 12 and 13 speed discs sooooo maybe I should be trying to find a lightweight 8, 9 or 10. And I've found that the difference between a 135 and a 155 is pretty noticeable lengthwise on a calm day.
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby ScottJB on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am

I throw a 135 Blizz Wraith...thats an inbetweener or what your describing...
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Postby legendarydave on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 am

I would love to find a 131, 133 or 135g Blizzard Wraith... Where did you get yours? But I also was hoping to find some cheap light DX drivers bc I keep losing my more expensive blizzards...
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Genn on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 am

legendarydave wrote:I would love to find a 131, 133 or 135g Blizzard Wraith... Where did you get yours? But I also was hoping to find some cheap light DX drivers bc I keep losing my more expensive blizzards...

If you have the patience to wait for shipping, you can find those lighter weights. DiscGolfCenter.com has Blizzard Wraiths at 133...

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_disp ... &PPQT1=407
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:55 am

I'll be putting up the results from last night a little later... I'm super swamped with work and after-work projects right now. Be patient.

Related to the current discussion, I do have several 130-140g weight Flywood Walking Sticks right now. Those are the equivelant of a Speed 11 driver and are very easy to control (hold the original line you put them on with a predictable fade). I've been able to get some really long throws with my 138g over the past 3 weeks. Let me know if you want to give one a try...
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Bison on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm

We have some blizzard wraiths that weight in our club stock just got them in and they will be available tomorrow at the big guns tourney
Bison
Par Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.