Feb RCF Meeting

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Feb RCF Meeting

Postby irwinje on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 am

The River City Flyers board of directors met last night for a meeting and I thought I would post the information here so our members can get an idea about what we discuss. If anyone has any ideas or concerns that they would like us to discuss, please feel free to post ideas and recomendations here.
Summary
Tina: We'll add her name along with any other loved ones to a memorial stamp for discs for the Save the TaTa's in May. I'll talk to Jerry and see if he'd like us to do anything else/special.
Cross Town Rumble: 4 teams North: Bob Waidman/Matt Radtke South: Mark Dude East: Jeff L. West: Jerry. $20/man and $10 per man goes to the purse.
C-Tiers: Staff: Mark, Chris K, Jeff I, Bob W. If we go over 90 then we add holes as needed. the staff will have to try and put a local on each card for ease of traffic.
St. Louis Open: Staff: Steve K, Bob W, Clanger, Dave Mac, Jeff I, Fritz (maybe) I'll look into the Drury Inn on St. Charles Rock Rd. and see if they have a conference room we can host our Saturday night party in. We'll look into getting a big BBQ grill for dinner Saturday at the party. We need to contact vendors for the fly mart soon! We'll see if we can get Jerry's wife Stacey and her friend to buy the food and cook (we'll get them a tip jar and see what they can make). More to come on that as time goes by.
St. Charles: The RCF has agreed to help the Andy's efforts at Quail Ridge financially. I'm waiting on a list of projects from him and we'll go over them at the next meeting.
Mike O: We'll draft a letter outlining his behavior and letting him know it is unacceptable. He'll be held to the levels of PDGA guidelines from here out. TD's are going to be more strict when it comes to things like this type of misbehavior. The entire board will sign it before mailing it.
Gateway: Dave has decided to do away with the consignment deal we've had with Gateway for the last few years. We'll do the Gateway inventory after this weekend's event and then settle up.
Treasurer: I met with Steve Kleiber yesterday before our meeting at the bank so we could get him on the account as a "signer." This makes Steve our new treasurer! Congrats to him and thanks, this releives a huge load that has been on my shoulders the last 8 months.

I HAVE SCORECARDS FOR ALL COURSE TOO! I'LL PASS THEM OUT ON SUNDAY AT THE RUMBLE
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Feb RCF Meeting

Postby HITMAN on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 pm

irwinje wrote:Gateway: Dave has decided to do away with the consignment deal we've had with Gateway for the last few years. We'll do the Gateway inventory after this weekend's event and then settle up.

what led to this? it doesnt seem like it would be good for Dave or the club.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:55 pm

This doesn't change GDS' level of sponsorship, just the way we pay for the merchandise. The consignment deal means that GDS basically fronted us $1,500 of merch. Then, when we do inventory and found we sold $100 worth of GDS we'd pay him for what we sold and he'd restock our merch, replacing what was sold with new merch to bring the club back to $1,500 credit line. This deal was offered as a way to stretch the club's money so we could purchase from other vendors like Innova, Discrat and DGA, provided we stock equal amounts from each sponsor. However, just because we stock equal amounts of from each vendor does not mean we sell equal amounts of each.
So our payment terms have changed from GDS extending us a $1,500 line of credit to 30 days. We order what we need and pay cash w/in 30 days. As to why Dave did this, "it was no longer convenient to offer the consignment terms."
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Let me help you understand why Dave chose to do this. Originally, Dave wanted to help the club stay liquid and have cash on hand for operating expenses so he offered to be paid on consignment. However, the money the club doesn't pay Dave is being used to buy Innova and Disccraft. So Dave is subsidizing his competitors. You make the call.
The negative tenor that Jeff Irwin uses in every post regarding Dave Mac will be discussed at the next Board meeting.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm

forgive me for 'climbing up the ladder' higher than i should be stepping, but i've heard nothing but discontent for dave myself.

perhaps mr. irwin isn't too far off base.

then again, im just a schlub who plays most of his games at white birch....
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 am

The Key here is that there were two legitimate explanations, take from it what you will. That is a great place to discuss it; at the meeting, not on this forum. Sorry Mike(Redarmy) no disrespect intended. Thanks Chris and Jeff I am sure I'll catch you guys on the course and tell you the story about the old Bull and the young Stud.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 pm

THIS CITY WOULD NOT HAVE HALF THE COURSES WE HAVE IF IT WERE NOT FOR DAVE MCCORMACK> IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OR APPRECIATE THIS, THEN YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!! END OF STORY>

THANK YOU< DAVE< FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO FOR US ALL!!!!

Some of us appreciate you and are grateful. Those who aren't, might be named...... Jeff? :twisted: :D :mrgreen:
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby gflap on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 pm

I agree with Sugar Kane on this one. There is no levacy here. Also, I am the old bull and the stud, end of story.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 pm

mkane wrote:The Key here is that there were two legitimate explanations, take from it what you will. That is a great place to discuss it; at the meeting, not on this forum. Sorry Mike(Redarmy) no disrespect intended. Thanks Chris and Jeff I am sure I'll catch you guys on the course and tell you the story about the old Bull and the young Stud.

none taken.

are these rcf meetings only open to board members?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:34 am

For the most part yes, however the officers are accessible via e-mail and I suggest any concerns be sent privately to each member(Send the same e-mail to each officer so they all can present their point of view when the meeting is called to order, and the notes will be recorded and presented in the monthly minutes, or they will respond to you directly), moderator, can you direct the members to a place on this board where they can access the email addresses of officers? Thank you.
mkane
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion