Rolla Road Trip - 9/9 Discraft Ace Race + BONUS event

Promote/Discuss Tournaments & Events outside the greater STL-area

Rolla Road Trip - 9/9 Discraft Ace Race + BONUS event

Postby pjohnmeyer on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 pm

So, I know a lot of you might be thinking "Why go to Rolla, when I can just play the ace race at White Birch?" Well, why not?

Here's the scoop:

Rolla event details: http://www.facebook.com/events/339812636098812/
(1:30pm at Ber Juan Park, show up early to sign in and get some practice throws)

Discraft Ace Race site: http://discgolfacerace.com/

You must pre-register by 8/24 to guarantee entry, and unless you're planning a trip to Rolla before then that means a phone call to the Rolla City Parks Front Desk staff at 573-341-2386. Note, too, that the guys down there have gotten a sponsor to provide a separate prize pack for a junior division.

Now the added BONUS. If you haven't yet played the Lion's Club course in Rolla, it is an excellent, challenging course, and a lot of fun to play. Immediately following the Ace Race (which goes very quickly), I am organizing an informal event at the Lion's Club course. Right now I am thinking a tag shuffle with optional cash for payout.

I would like to gauge interest in this thread, so please let me know if you are planning to go, and if you are interested in the bonus event. I know a few folks at the Schroeder league are talking about driving down for this. If it looks like the crowd is going to be very big, I would want to talk to the Rolla Lion's Club before the hordes descend, so please give me as much feedback as you can.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Re: Rolla Road Trip - 9/9 Discraft Ace Race + BONUS event

Postby pjohnmeyer on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 am

Well, I guess that answers that. :D

FWIW, the bonus event at Lions will be happening, despite the lack of interest expressed here. I've gotten enough verbal interest, as well as interest from the Rolla crowd, that this is going to happen. Might only be 5 or 6 people, but it will happen. I will post full details within the week.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Postby pjohnmeyer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm

See the following link for more details on the BONUS event:

EL SEGUNDO!!!

I am driving to Rolla the morning of the 9th and returning in the evening; I've heard there are a few folks driving down the day before.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Postby pjohnmeyer on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 pm

One last bump before the weekend.

From the TD:
ACE RACE UPDATE: Kristy with Parks and Rec ordered some extra packages for the habitual procrastinators, so you can still sign up.

In other words, if you haven't signed up you still can by calling Rolla Parks & Rec per my earlier message.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Return to Tournaments Elsewhere