Gateway Thursday Doubles - BYOP - Starts 9/6

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Gateway Thursday Doubles - BYOP - Starts 9/6

Postby discdoh on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Justin will be the man...with some good guidance from the sober one...
Last edited by discdoh on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Gateway Thursday Doubles - BYOP - Starts 9/4

Postby STLSoldier on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 pm

This will be epic. Where you at Christian?
STLSoldier
Bogey Poster

Re: Gateway Thursday Doubles - BYOP - Starts 9/4

Postby schimmy on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 am

is this league going to happen on tuesday or thursday? 9/4 is a tuesday.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Re: Gateway Thursday Doubles - BYOP - Starts 9/6

Postby discdoh on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for the catch. It is a Thursday League. Starts 9/6.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

This may be common knowledge, but if you have a partner but they can't make it for a week or two, can the partner play Cali? And Cali just means second shot once at any time on a hole and not double shots like you have a partner correct? And the drop week is only if both people can't make it (or your lowest score).
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Voucher for everyone or just paying the top dogs of each group?
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Lazerface on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 am

We should find out now if the "trickle down vouture" approach is necessary to attract a good number of players .when i have talked to DOH about this ive always said that the automatic 10 dollar voucher for everyone in league really adds up and takes a lot of cash/ vouchers away from the top finishers in the 5 to 6 divisions. My question is, will taking away a guarenteed 10 dollar voucher at the end of an 8 week league that has numerous free ctps and only costs 25 dollars a man really disparage people from joining up. I honestly dont know. Trust me, i dont play weekly leagus for the money....they are cheap to play and a blast. I just love competative sports and this is the only one i play where the "everyone gets a prize" mentality is used during competition. Just want some opinions posted here to see what everyone thinks.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 am

I only asked because my possible partner would only be here maybe half the time. So he disnt want to throw money at if he wasn't sure how many weeks he would make so the voucher would least make it worth it for him maybe. Either way I'll probably play. Maybe instead of the voucher you could do the one challenge disc free that way you're only taking five instead of ten out of the money for the divisions. That way the people who don't like it can't get more money in their pockets even though they don't care about the money haha just kidding Jim
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Lazerface on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 pm

His case is special, but for anyone who plans on coming for 8 weeks. I am sincerely wondering if the 10 voucher will make or break a decision for someone. It is simply for my own knowledge - which I can apply if I one day run a league. No matter what the consensus is it doesn't mean DOH will change anything about the league. In my opinion it is the best league to play in. For me it’s a matter of principle. The best players in the respective divisions should win stuff - the guys who don’t finish well - shouldn’t. That sounds harsh, but it is simply the basis for all payouts in competitive sports. Payouts are usually tiered so the top division gets most of the cash (because they are the best players). What that basically comes down to is the director taking money form the lower divisions buy ins and putting it up in the top division. It takes away from sand-bagging, persuades people to "move up" and of course - rewards the best players. Disc golf is the only sport where I have been paid less than a guy that has finished over 10 strokes worse than me because he signed up for AM and more people showed up from AM (cash payout for pros/ams). In any other sport, the money from the ams would have trickled up (oxymoron) to the pros.
Anyway, I’m literally just curious. If we were talking about actual amounts of money here I would be more passionate. But let’s face it, payouts aren’t shit. Its about winning.
Please disagree with me…it will be fun. After all – isn’t this all about having fun. At least that is what everyone says every time I bring up this subject.
:D
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Golfer X on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Lazerface wrote:Please disagree with me…it will be fun.
:D

OK. You're wrong and couldn't be any more wronger. Your wrongness rates an eleven on a scale from one to ten. You're so wrong you should feel bad about it. Your wrong is Justin Beiber covering Led Zepplin level wrong.

I forgot. What am I disagreeing with again?
Golfer X
Par Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.