LIS: Ledgestone Insurance Championships $10,000+ 9/14 & 9/15

Promote/Discuss Tournaments & Events outside the greater STL-area

LIS: Ledgestone Insurance Championships $10,000+ 9/14 & 9/15

Postby Ledgestone on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Ledgestone Insurance and Plastic Addicts are happy to present the 2012 LIS: Ledgestone Insurance Championships Super Tour. This is the tournament we all have been waiting for. This will be the finale of the 2012 Ledgestone Insurance Series and will crown the champion of the series and the champion of the tournament. The payout is huge, the trophies are sick, the players pack is enormous, and more and more!

When: September 14th and 15th
Where: Peoria, IL
Sanctioning: This will be a PDGA SuperTour Event
Field Size: Field size is limited to 252 players
Pre-registration: http://illinoisdiscgolf.com/LISregistra ... nship.html
PDGA List: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/79707

Added Cash to Pro Divisions: $10,000+
Donated Am Players Pack Cost: $7,500+

All in all, we have raised over $24,000 for the entire series. We have earmarked $2000 for the series winners, $2000 for the trophies (which are sweet!!!), $2000 for the players party, and $1500 for other expenses. The amateur players pack is 100% donated. No money will come out of the entry fee to pay for the amateur players pack. The pros will also get a free dinner at the Friday night players party. Ams can pick up their players pack at the players party only. The players pack will consist of the following for those that register by August 31st, 2012:

Metal Mini, Towel, Clipboard, Shirt, Dinner, LAT 64 disc, DGA Disc, Autographed Dana Vicich Vibram VP, and more! If you don't register by August 31st the LAT 64 disc will not be included.

The players party will be at Goodfellas in Pekin at approximately 7PM on Friday night. Everyone's dinner will be paid for! We will also be selling raffle tickets throughout the weekend and at the players party. The raffle will be huge. Here's a small sample of what will be in the raffle: Baskets, Bags, Discs, Autographed materials, Gift Certificates, Maui Jim sunglasses, hotel giveaways, shirts, and more!

At this point in time we are targeting this setup for the amount of players:
MPO - 50 players
Other Pros - 30
MA1 - 44
All Other AMS - 128

Play will begin Friday at 9:30AM for all groups. The second round will start approximately 1 hour after the last card is in from the first round with ample time for travel between courses. The Saturday morning round will start at the same time. Here is the order of the courses:

Group 1 : All Pros - McNaughton Shorts, McNaughton Longs, Morton Mixed (FPO will play McNaughton shorts both rounds)
Group 2: MAI, FW1, MM1, MG1, MA3 - Bradley, Morton Short, McNaughton (MA1 will play McNaughton from the Longs - all other divisions in this flight will play the shorts)
Group 3: MA2, FW2, FW3, MA4, MS1 - Morton Short, Bradley, Bradley

The following divisions will have a final 9 at Morton on Saturday afternoon: MPO, MA1, MPM, FPO

This is the finale of the Ledgestone Insurance Series. Double points will be awarded and we will crown Series Champions for all divisions on Saturday afternoon. You must be a PDGA member to play in this event.

Sponsors: Ledgestone Insurance, Plastic Addicts, Erie Insurance, Scheels, PACVB, Village of Morton, Paragon, Falling Putt, Goodfellas, Washington Community Bank, Huk Lab, ABC Discs, World of Vitamins, Innova, Discraft, Gateway

Entry costs:
Pro Divisions: $90
All Advanced Divisions: $60
All Other Divisions: $50

Don't wait to get signed up - this will fill!

P.S. Here is the link to our host hotel!

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGro ... &key=53CAD
Last edited by Ledgestone on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ledgestone
Par Poster

Re: LIS: Ledgestone Insurance Championships $10,000+ 9/14 &

Postby bean928 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:10 am

So glad this falls when it does. Makes me not so upset about not being able to go to Joplin for the second year in a row. I think it's a fair trade. Can't miss my buddies wedding esp since I'm the best man. But at least he is having it at quail ridge. Ha ha ha early round? Lol
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby troymcclure on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 am

bean928 wrote: Makes me not so upset about not being able to go to Joplin for the second year in a row. I think it's a fair trade.

Sarcasm?

I am confused haha. A tier in Peoria, B tier Joplin. Peoria +1. Driving distance from St louis. 3hours ish to Peoria. 4hours ish to Joplin. Peoria +1. 10000 added cash Peoria, 4000 added cash Joplin. Peoria +1. :lol:
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby bean928 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

No I really had a good time. You make very valid points though. If they were on the same day I probably go to Joplin. It's a great tourney overall. I was planing on going back but my buddys wedding is that weekend. I'm excited for this super tour though. Sounds like its gonna be BIG! I'm just happy there is another bigger tourney close to us the week before!
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Ledgestone on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Glad you guys will get to play - this is going to be fun!
Ledgestone
Par Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Another roadtrip for DFL and whoever wants to go. I got a van that seats 5. We'll go down Friday night and come back Sunday night. Mega added money. Love to see a big showing from St. Louis. Great courses.

Call me with any questions. Ray 314-210-3162

:mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:02 am

Youll miss the first round if you leave Friday night
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Ledgestone on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm

We have officially raised over $25,000 for the Ledgestone Insurance Series and this SuperTour event. More than $10,000 will be added to the Pro Purse while $7500 was used to buy the Amateur players packs....a $105 value for the am players packs with no money coming out of the entry fee! We have also spent $2000 on some awesome trophies and everyone will get a free dinner at the players party on Friday night!

The raffle is looking huge as well! Get signed up today! We have had 20 more registrations in the last week and continue to get more and more every day! This will be one of the bigger tournaments in the Midwest for 2012....don't miss it!

P.S. This is a Friday/Saturday tournament!
Ledgestone
Par Poster

Postby schimmy on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 am

i can't wait for this tourney. i'm already signed up, got off work, and got a place to stay!!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Let's try this again.

Another roadtrip for DFL and whoever wants to go. I got a van that seats 5. We'll go down Thursday night and come back Saturday night. Mega added money. Love to see a big showing from St. Louis. Great courses.

Call me with any questions. Ray 314-210-3162
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Tournaments Elsewhere