The Bridgeton Bomber - July 14th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The Bridgeton Bomber - July 14th

Postby emptv on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Disc Up,
After talking with Zanfel Friday about the Bridgeton Bomber, the Traveling LAKERS (of the Traveling Outlaw Disc Golf League) have managed to procure something for everyone at this event. All you have to do is to stop by LAKERland and be sure to ask for your ticket for the free drawing for one of the 6 tubes of Zanfel. At this moment I have no knowledge of what the handouts will be & I will be receiving them after the event has started, as the email below states:
“We have a couple handouts that can be given to everyone and then we will send 6 tubes of Zanfel to be in the drawing.
Here is the tracking number for your shipment. It will arrive by 9:30 tomorrow morning via FedEx.”
As always LAKERland is trying to improve the enjoyment & comfort aspect of your disc golf game.

Fly long & prosper!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: The Bridgeton Bomber - July 14th

Postby Chris K on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I will be at this event to sign up new members. I typically wear a straw hat in this heat so you should have no trouble finding me. $20 to join the club plus optional $5 for 2012 club stamped disc (collectable). New members may play the event for free without payout. New and renewing members get free entry to the Club Championships on Sat Oct 6th.
Tee off is 9a. Player's meeting is 8:30a. Registration is 7 to 8:15a. Player's arriving/paying after 8:30a will be assessed $5 late fee. Players that are not club members pay a $3 surcharge.

The board approved a new member benefit and that is, the optional CTP packages for cash and prizes are for club members only. New members that opt to play for free may also buy-in to the CTP packages.

Arrive early tomorrow and be mindful of where you park. Daniel's map is accurate and timely. Thank you Daniel.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:39 am

Greg,
Great call on the O.B., keeping things as simple as possible is the way to go. I unfortunately will not be able to make the tournament........I hope all goes well........& I hate to hear that the city of Bridgeton is in anyway unhappy about things, let's hope they hang in there with us.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 pm

for a 'live' scoring update from the 1st round of the Bridgeton Bomber, follow the link below...

Bridgeton Bomber Scores & Results

Full results and ratings coming tonight or tomorrow...
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby fairweather_fan on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Below is a link to the full scoring and divisional results for the very first tournament held at what is sure to become one of St. Louis' newest signature courses...Congratulations to all of the winners! i believe the TD (doh) said that there would be plaques forthcoming so check back for details.

River City Ratings for the rounds should be done and posted by Monday...keep an eye out!

Bridgeton Bomber- Scores & Results
(use the tabs on the bottom of the sheet to toggle btwn views)
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Kfeezy on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to come out. How did things pan out?
Kfeezy
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Kfeezy wrote:Unfortunately didn't get a chance to come out. How did things pan out?

from my perspective, the event went great- 60 players, ran smoothly and without undue wait times or delays...ample water and refreshments available, hopefully...sweet custom stamped Gateway discs commemorating the first event at the Carrollton Course...a solid team of volunteers making sure everything was taken care of...good payouts/CTP's and all of the RCF merchandise available on site...and no rain, despite the threatening clouds...good times!

New Course Records (lowest scores @ the event):
Red Tees: 57 (Tim Sullivan)
Blue Tees: 60 (Justin Bunnell)

Ratings for the rounds, along with some photos from the event and a little recap, will be hitting the website & forums either Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for the delay, but I took the opportunity to play the MS Fundraiser @ Silver Lake Park today...i'm beat!

Thanks to all who came out, and to all those who have helped make the Carrollton Park DGC happen- you know who you are...

Ted Spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby dudiablo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

Any updates?
dudiablo
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:57 pm

dudiablo wrote:Any updates?

Sorry for the delay...the River City Ratings for the Bridgeton Bomber are now posted on the Club website's Stats & Ratings page as well as in the River City Ratings Thread here on our forums.

DIVISION WINNERS:
Open - Justin Bunnell
Pro Masters- Tim Sullivan
Advanced- John Kister
Intermediate- Mason North
Recreational- Mike Levart

All of the raw scores can be seen here as well as on the River City Ratings posts/pages...

I'm hoping I can also get the pictures taken at the event posted up tonight...here are a couple that may encourage you to think twice about messing with the event staff! ;)

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:55 am

sorry for the delay, but i finally got a little recap and about 50 pics posted on the Updates Page of the Club website- follow the link below to check 'em out!

Bridgeton Bomber Pics & Recap
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments