JB Doubles Fall League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

JB Doubles Fall League 2012

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Here is the info...

No big changes, so I will see you all there!

Last edited by discdoh on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: JB Doubles Fall League 2012 - Starts Tuesday July 17th

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Here are some details for the first week...

Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:17 am

ok so im in south bend indiana for baton nationals and my van got broken into last night and my daughters and my disc golf bags got slolen. About 40 discs total.
how much does that suck.
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I hope you win the twirling competition!

Does suck about your discs though
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby jdix42 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:04 am

Strange wrote:I hope you win the twirling competition!

Does suck about your discs though

thanks strange, We just got back in town My daughter had a great nationals she placed top 9 in every thing she did. including 2 national titles 1 with her high school team 1 individual national title.
She also placed 5th overall in the Miss Majorette of America pageant which is a real big deal in baton world.
she also had a team 2nd place and a 4th ,5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th individually.

so baton portion of the trip was great, but the break in and the hotel billing 3 different time for 3 nights stay (which we are still trying to get credited back) made for a most stressful trip.

So ill see you Tuesday night.
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Here are the standings after Week 1...

I hit an ACE on Hole 6A. Can you say "Tree hugger, Sha-Boom" twice? :D It brushed some leaves on the way in which took off the perfect amount of speed and allowed it to stay in the basket. Without the speed check, it might have zoomed right on by or crashed through the chains, so the DG gods were taking care of me that day! Since it was only Week 1, there wasn't a huge amount of money in the ACE POOL, but I will NEVER complain about getting paid for any ACE. The ACE POOL resets for this week. There are still 7 more weeks to build it up...

The baskets were moved around a bit for The Shanty Open yesterday, so I have decided to leave them where they are for this week. I think the course is playing around a 100 feet shorter than last week, so there really isn't too much difference on that level.

There is still time for new teams to join league this week. Everyone gets a drop week, so missing the first week is not the end of the world. Also, the course will slowly, but surely, be getting shorter as the league progresses, so you probably missed the hardest layout anyways. A high percentage of the teams will probably be using Week 1 as their drop week as a result. Just saying.

As it stands, there are only 30 teams in so far. I expected a smaller turnout, but wouldn't mind seeing the numbers get bumped up a bit either. More players equals more ACE POOL & 50/50 money to give away, which is always a good thing...

BTW, I think I have the SPECIAL CTP figured out for all of the people that FULL PAID for the Summer League. You know who you are. We will start the CTP contest this week.

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 am

I will be starting the JB Doubles Summer League SPECIAL CTP contest this evening.

The prize will be a brand new Innova Standard disc golf bag with 10 brand new Gateway discs of your choice. I might even be able to work in a custom stamp of your choice...if time permits at the shop.

Here is how it is going to work - Everyone that is on the JB Doubles Summer League SPECIAL CTP list will get a chance to shoot at Hole 1B. I will use a tape measure to figure out exactly where the closest shoot resides after each session of shots (today will probably set the precedent). Once everyone on the list has thrown (or as realistically close to everyone as possible), the winner will be announced! Its that simple!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Before I post the all important update, here is the list of Summer League (the previous session) individuals that are still owed a shot at the SPECIAL CTP on Hole 1B -

V. Alvarez
Pat Ruschke
Chris Kinsella
Ben Huskey
Brad Stone
Christian Leick
John Manion
George Schmelter
Dave Moeser
Ernie McGinnis
Brian Abernathy
Vince Weber
Drake Scott

This is ONLY for the individuals that used the FULL PAY option at the beginning of that league session. The prize was outlined earlier in this thread. Enough redundancy...the mark has been set at 61.75" by Aaron Walther after last Tuesday. If you are on the list, try to show up on a Tuesday afternoon or Sunday Nooner so that we can take care of business. This is, of course, not mandatory. I am going to set the end date for the SPECIAL CTP "window of opportunity" at 8/21 (Week 6 of JB Doubles Fall League). I will move the basket when you show up if necessary...

I will update this thread every time the distance improves. The only thing that I ask is that you PLEASE let me know if you won't be able to make it out to take your shot.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Here are the standings after Week 2...

What can you say? It was hot, and the golf was not. :shock: Just kidding! Lot's of good scores and shuffling around...

Ace Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.