Disc Golf lessons

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Disc Golf lessons

Postby Andyli 78 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:13 am

Anyone give lessons. Ive been plaing since May and thought I was starting to play pretty good for a beginner. Well then I Played my 1st tournament on Sun and it sucked. lol :D I got to use to playing Sioux..
Andyli 78
Bogey Poster

Re: Disc Golf lessons

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 am

The Website Admin will probably move this to "General Disc Golf Chat"...
but, although I'm in no position to give lessons, a players first tournament is doomed to be humiliating. You never realize that there can possibly be any pressure or performance anxiety doing something so recreational - and then you're there. :oops:

It'll be great if you find someone to give lessons. I've asked around with little luck, but I have picked up several really good independent tips along the way.

What would be amazing is for a couple of local pros and/or advanced level players to set up a few clinics a year. I know a ton of people would be very interested.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

What you should do instead of trying to get lessons. (This isnt ballgolf after all we all got jobs). Is to get into one of the many leagues around town hell get into as many as your wallet and calender can afford. That way you can throw with a wide spectrum of talent. Watch the other guys/gals lines, bs with em inbetween throws and holes. The more rounds you throw with people that are better than you and the more money you lose to these people. And you will lose $$$$ cause nothing free. The better you will become. In addition to that. Go out to a field and learn what every disc in your bag will do, into a headwind,left to right,right to left,tailwind. Be able to throw all your disc anhyzer & hyzer,& straight. Find a putter mold you like buy an assload of them,get a basket. They are not expensive. That way you spend more time throwing putts & less time picking up missed putts. practice practice practice.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

That's good advice^^^ but if you still want some lessons call up to gateway discs. They probably be able to help ya out or lead ya in the right direction. Heck if you got time and money do both. Least try one since you are interested
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby legendarydave on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I bought a ton of putters and I can't afford a basket but I can usually find a good hole to practice on wherever I am playing... Clinics would be fun, but I'm pretty sure that most people who are really good have been playing a while... I've been playing since March and the guy I played against today had been playing for 10 yrs so obviously I lose by between 15 or 20 strokes... It's still a ton of fun!
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:33 pm

True enough about what JBA says, "Join some leagues".
If you're looking for something a little more casual and want to play with some players who are more around your own skill level, join the Beginners' League. They usually play at Watson Trail, but occasionally get out to other courses. You won't lose a lot of money over there ;) , but there are often advanced and pro players who will drop in to play a round just for the sake of giving advice and helping with form.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 am

If anyone wants some free lessons all they have to do is call me up I can meet up with you before the nooner on sunday at JB. Aiways glad to shed some light to the Newbies.

Mark Dudenhoeffer
314-713-8640
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 am

MADDISC wrote:If anyone wants some free lessons all they have to do is call me up I can meet up with you before the nooner on sunday at JB. Aiways glad to shed some light to the Newbies.

He'll teach you his patented "Dude's flick putt".
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Andyli 78 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 am

Mark I would like to take you up on your offer but I have to work Sunday so it would be hard for me to make it to JB. The best days for me to play is Fridays or Sat. How often do you go out and do you ever play at Sioux Pasage. I'll meet up with you some time. Thanks!!
Andyli 78
Bogey Poster

Postby MADDISC on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 am

I do not get to Souix much as it is an hour from my house.
But I usually play the happy hour round on friday afternoon at JB.
Also there is the Shanty Open at JB this saturday I will be there all day,
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A