The Bridgeton Bomber - July 14th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The Bridgeton Bomber - July 14th

Postby Mike_R on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I figured at least 1 round would include the blue tees. it would be a shame not to play 8 from the way back. That hole is the stuff of legends.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 am

I went ahead and split off the OB Discussion to its own dedicated thread in the Carrollton Park DGC forum...check the link below.

Should be a well-attended and enjoyable tourney...come out early and throw the first event at St. Louis' newest signature course!

Carrollton OB Discussion
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm

A little heads up for everyone...

There will be a limited supply of Bridgeton Bomber custom stamped discs available on game day. Justin Workman came up with a sweet design. I will be stamping the discs tomorrow, so if you want anything in particular, give me a text/call.

Here is the teaser:
Attachments
IMG_0487[1].JPG
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fadingaway on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

Could the course use some barrels for trash cans? I have access to 55gal drums and could prob bring up 6. I don't know where or who would dump them when they filled but you would think enough ppl would care and volunteer after around to help!
RCF#40 Sharpshooter#15 SCCDGC#36 SoIl#20
fadingaway
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 am

fadingaway wrote:Could the course use some barrels for trash cans? I have access to 55gal drums and could prob bring up 6. I don't know where or who would dump them when they filled but you would think enough ppl would care and volunteer after around to help!

Just talked to Greg Doh' and we probably have cans already on the course which Bridgeton has said they've put out. HOWEVER, if you bring 3 or 4 of them to put out around Tournament Central and maybe a few other places, we will work to find volunteers to help you empty them.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:54 am

UPDATED PARKING NOTICE! - EDITED AT 1:30PM, FRIDAY

There are currently no parking lots at this course and everyone will need to cooperate to make sure that there is enough parking for everyone. We also want to make sure that everyone and their vehicles are safe and don't get in the way of players and their discs. We have established approved parking zones for the Bridgeton Bomber as described below.

We would like to ask that everyone start parking by heading south on Phelps Dr. from Gallatin Ln. You will be driving past Tournament Central (between Tee 1 and Tee 10) and should head as far south down Phelps as possible. Please parallel park on the south/right side of the road. Please park as close as comfort allows to the next car in the line. If this area fills, cars will be redirected to the secondary locations on Carollton Ct, by baskets 13 and 14 or along Ralls Ln. between fairways 2 and 3. Again, PARALLEL PARKING ONLY. ONLY PARK ON 1 SIDE OF THE ROAD.
As you can see on the map below, there will be NO PARKING anywhere between basket 1 and 10 along Phelps Dr. and NO PARKING at all on Gallatin Ln. This is necessary to allow room for Tournament Central and ensure safety for players and cars as well as at the insistance of the city of Bridgeton.

ANY CARS FOUND IN AN UNAUTHORIZED PARKING AREA, PARKED AT A 45° ANGLE OR PARKED ON THE GRASS WILL BE TICKETED BY THE BRIDGETON POLICE.

The TD reserves the right to require players to move their car to a designated parking zone before they can start playing. Arrive early, be considerate and we should have plenty of room for everyone. We realize that some spaces may run the risk of being hit by discs, so if you're concerned about this, arrive early and you should be able to find a space on Phelps which is out of the way.

ALSO!
Anyone who feels the need to "improve" this course by cutting/tearing down branches or removing any plant-life at all... DON'T! There have been reports to and complaints from the city of Bridgeton that someone has been taking this upon themselves. Anyone caught doing anything like this will be arrested for destruction of city property and, if this continues, the city is prepared to have this course removed. All "improvements" or work of any kind on this course will be done only by the city and all requests for changes must be submitted through the St. Louis Disc Golf Club's board of directors. Please, just go through the proper channels and respect Bridgeton- they are our hosts and should be treated with the utmost respect.
Attachments
BomberParkingMap01.jpg
Download/Print Bomber Parking Map
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Just giving the topic a quick bump to make sure everyone reads the above post ^
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Welll done. Nice map. Thanks for posting. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 pm

OK...

I have made a decision on the OB. Only on/over the roads are OB. The sidewalks and driveway remnants are IB. Jeff I. and Jay A. took the time today to stripe off some of the more crucial OB areas, so hopefully most of the debating should be avoided. With that said, please remember that the decision should be up to the consensus of the group, with legality the center point of discussion. I don't want anyone giving more benefit of the doubt than should be given...I just want a fair ruling to be decided on.

Furthermore, please spread the word that the City of Bridgeton is not exactly pleased with the parking/course mauling that has been going on in the early stages of this course. It is really unfortunate that the possibility of this course being removed has even been brought up this early. Crazy. If you see any suspicious activity, please call 314-739-5599 (Bridgeton Parks & Recreation) and nip this BS immediately.

Here is a view of the stamp on an actual disc and some course destruction BS...

2012-07-13 18.46.05.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 pm

CTPs...
Attachments
Bridgeton CTP.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster