Herever to be known as "Suburbia"

Bridgeton, MO

Re: Herever to be known as "Suburbia"

Postby legendarydave on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 am

$150! Yikes! I'll have to wait to donate my money to a course a bit closer to home... It still is an awesome course!!! Showed off my non-skills yesterday evening by shooting a 97 (same dang score I had on my first round at JB) AND getting a chance to climb part of a tree to retrieve my disc! As long as I know where to throw from I'm good!!!
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

jeffthrow6892 wrote:
bean928 wrote:I hope people don't use it as their ashtray either. I've played a round and a half and itching to go back to crevecott

Crevecott????????? Huh? :?: :?:

I completely concur - on both counts.
Don't throw your butts here
and
"crevecott", HUH? I'm guessing that's a contraction of Creve Coeur and Endicott? Perhaps to imply that it's like the two courses had a baby and this is what we got???
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby bean928 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Exactly. No one else feels that it's like a more technical creve especially with all the ob possibilities and fairways you have to hit to get in position for the next shot. Should I have called it endicoeur?
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:41 pm

bean928 wrote:Should I have called it endicoeur?

That has a nicer ring to it :lol:

I'm still sticking with Suburbia.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Pretty much, a parrot could of designed a course on that tract of land, and we would have loved it, it is the best disc golf suited tract of land I have seen, and if we take care of it; I think we all are aware of the 700 vacant acres surrounding the airport, and what that could mean for the future of disc golf. Simply put behave, don't litter and anything is possible.

Little Bit of Historical Data for club members:

Much thanks to the original designers Tim Finan and Don Moellenbeck, and even more thanks to Corey Campbell who has adopted this course and should be considered a minimum, a co-captain of this course. Corey thank you for flagging the baskets with the orange flags; an expense he incurred out of his own pocket. Thank you for insuring that the garbage bags are on the course, and the painted directional arrows and tee boxes. I also want to thank, Gateway Disc Golf, specifically Dave McCormack for getting the course in the ground, and creating another 18 hole Championship Disc Golf Course.

A vote of confidence to Gateway:
I am sure that Gateway will promptly repair hole 4 and replace hole 18 with a Titan Chain set up. The long walks between the holes are in my opinion, genious! The separation allows for the club or its sponsors to set up throughout the course providing shade and drink for the players out of the way of the tee boxes. The walk from 1-2 & 2-3 & 7-8 & 12-13 provide areas that shade can be set up, Porta Potties can be located, and people won't be cramped up at the tees.
Loving it, Thank you RCF
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Mr Kane missed alot of people there. The guys that put together the baskets incuding rigging a old JB basket so we got all 18 out there, got the trash cans together, measured all the red tee boxes to all three pins (with the blues to come soon), put down all the paint and flags, trimmed all the broken branches left hanging which puts alot more stress on the tree than hittin if with a disc (if you see anyone breaking off branches please say something. These people are not helping in any way.) And the guys gearin up to start cuttin in the gold tee boxes after the bomber. And install the rest of the sleeves. There is a historical look for ya with a small glimpse at the future. All you guys know who you are thanks for all the help the past couple of weeks.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:49 am

My suggestion to the people who complain about the walk. Play blue! If your gonna walk at least play while you walk. I would love to help. I'm usually free during the day. Feel free to call or text if ya need help 6183346718
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to Carrollton Park