All Day Stl Road Trip

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

All Day Stl Road Trip

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:25 pm

I saw to dgcoursereview that some guy said he played 380 different holes in the Twin Cities area of MN, 33 courses in a single day. I got me thinking, "Is even possible to play every course around the area in a day?" "How many different courses could I play in a single day?"
Stl area has a lot of courses, but are spread out. I tried to get to all at first but ended up being over 24hrs between playing and driving. Here were two ideas to hit as many as I could play in a single day, which ended up being 225 holes on 14-15 courses. I ended each at Crystal City Underground so I wouldn't need to play at night (and there are 2 courses there now open till midnight on Fridays).
What is the most courses anyone has played in a day in the St Louis Area? Would it even be possible to do what I have mapped up?
Attachments
_STL_Road_Trip_Route4.JPG
This Route goes to QR but skips Arnold and Jokerst
_STL_Road_Trip_Route3.JPG
This Route does not go to QR because its a little out of the way
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: All Day Stl Road Trip

Postby schimmy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 pm

I have done a couple trips like this with some buddies up in Chicago. We would usually be able to get in around 7 courses (there was no way we would wake up before 9AM). Nowadays, my arm would hurt so bad I can't imagine playing that many rounds in one day.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Come on! 33 courses in a single day? Even if they were all 9 holes and less than 15 minutes apart... giving 45 minutes to play each (very fair for any course you've never played before) that would take 33 hours. The most daylight you're going to get is about 16 hours in one day.

Your schedule is very ambitious, even for just 1 player rolling solo... do you ever plan to eat or have a piss?

It sounds fun, but perhaps that fun would turn into distress after the 5th course.

Good luck though :)
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

The only reason that I could somewhat believe him is that there are a LOT of courses in the Twin Cities. Search here http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php with zip 55402 and there are 40+ within 20 miles of that zip with a mix of 9, 12, 18 holes.

I've played Endicott, Sioux Passage, Rock Spring and Woodland(twice) in one day and I had no issues, but I'm pretty sure that starting that early and playing that late would take a toll. Didn't schedule in food/bathroom breaks though :shock:
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Skip QR and add Arnold and Joker. Less driving, shorter courses, same # of holes.
But, no. Maybe in KC.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Return to General DG Talk