JB Doubles Summer League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: JB Doubles Summer League 2012

Postby jdix42 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Greg,
Any news on next tuesday night? I know Ray and I cant play because we will be doing family duty at the jb blast at the amphitheater.
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Here is where I am at with next Tuesday...

I would like to try and get the round in if at all possible. The people that show up enough ahead of time should have no problem parking and leaving if they use the south entrance. Typically, they close the north entrance first and then close the south entrance a bit later. Once both entrances are being monitored, people should park in the vicinity of Sam's Convienent Mart or in the surrounding apartment lots. It really shouldn't be too big of an issue. Getting out is never an issue, so it simply is a matter of people finding a place to park.

I have full faith in this happening without a hitch. Just be careful when outsiders are walking through the course towards the festivities. Let them pass and time your play effectively. Please try to show up early and then hang out late to check out the show!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:24 pm

What if there are a lot of people that do not show up.
like i said ray and I have family obligation. What would you say about people playing monday. and turning the card into you on tues or leaving it in the mailbox?
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby GeorgeS on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I know my patner and i will not be able to play this week. He is out of town. i am playing in the world record marathin baseball game in o fallon.
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:29 pm

jdix42 wrote:What if there are a lot of people that do not show up.
like i said ray and I have family obligation. What would you say about people playing monday. and turning the card into you on tues or leaving it in the mailbox?

I think they have a name for that. It's called 126. Bwahahahahahahahaha
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Honestly, if I hear from enough people that they can't make it, I will cancel the round. As it stands, however, I am getting the sense that the majority will be able to make it, play a round, and then watch some pyrotechnics if they so desire. As far as Monday rounds go, I don't see a major issue, as long as the weather is fairly similar and you have another doubles team playing with you. If the weather is variable from Monday to Tuesday (high winds, rain, etc), I unfortunately will probably have to negate any Monday scores. Playing Tuesday is the sure bet (for scores and CTPs), but if you play Monday it will have a chance of counting for real...there just aren't any guarantees. Sorry to be a curmudgeon about this, but the show must go on...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Here are the standings after Week 7...

First off, I need the scores from the Hastings/Crawford vs. Halverson/Snyder card. If anyone knows Hastings/Crawford's digits (Halverson/Snyder has already been called), please call them and let me know the scores.

Mike Megl hit an ACE on Hole 12B to drain the ACE POOL once again. Atti threw $15 back into the ACE POOl from the previous weeks winnings, and added to the amount collected, Mike took home $88. Sweet ACE! The ACE POOL resets for the final week...

Mike also won 3 of the other CTPs that were offered! Whatever was in his water bottle might need to be inspected...

The JB Blast is this coming Tuesday. Be prepared for league to be cancelled if necessary. I anticipate everything going off without a hitch...just read the previous posts for further information.

Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

ok this just in JB has cancelled there fireworks display
crisis averted
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 am

BTW, I need to add that the medium Wizards that I have quarantined are super choice...if you like your Wizs grippy and stiff, these are MONEY! Trust me on this one.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:25 am

discdoh wrote:BTW, I need to add that the medium Wizards that I have quarantined are super choice...if you like your Wizs grippy and stiff, these are MONEY! Trust me on this one.

Awesome artwork on those
Strange
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.