Is Lindenwood public?

St. Charles, MO

Is Lindenwood public?

Postby Genn on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:13 pm

I have a friend who says it used to be private, and I've found no definitive evidence online if the course is private or not. Can anyone clarify, please?
Genn
Bogey Poster

Re: Is Lindenwood public?

Postby gflap on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 am

Course will be public this sat for the LWood open put on by ths St Charles Co Disc Golf Club. Otherwise, it can be played anytime I do believe. Technically, you should be a student or an alumni.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:45 am

I've never heard of anyone saying anything to anyone playing out there, unless they were a nuisance. The key is keeping your voice down, watching your language, being courteous and, for added brownie points, pick up some trash and bag it out while you're there. 8-)
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Genn on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for the info, guys!
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:23 pm

It is a dry campus, so drinking is on the down low, or just don't.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Genn on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:33 pm

mkane wrote:It is a dry campus, so drinking is on the down low, or just don't.

Heh, thanks...no plans for that. I'll keep my tallboys on QR. ;)
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 am

As some of you know there have been some changes in regards to who can play the course at Lindenwood. As of right now Lindenwood has been asking all non-Lindenwood students and alumni to leave the course. Why do you ask? Well let me start off by thanking everyone who has repeatedly ignored my request to not drink and partake in other activities on the course. You are a big reason the course is bei...ng closed off. So again, on behalf of myself and the St. Charles Disc Golf Club, I thank you. I understand that many of the people that disregarded my warnings about alcohol and such are not in this facebook group and may have never even know about the policies of Lindenwood. With that being said, many of the people did know and disregarded my warnings and put their own desires above what was good for the course and disc golf in the area. There are plenty of courses in the area where you could have gone and done whatever the heck you pleased. Thanks for coming to LU.

I am still working on some proposals to keep the course open. The ideas are as follows:

Some kind of registration system so Lindenwood knows who is on the course at all times the other issue had to do with liability of Lindenwood if people get hurt on the course.

A call ahead system "tee time" system. Again, this will let LU know who is on the course.

I have not brought up pay to play. I am saving that as a last resort. I will keep everyone posted as I get any updates. I know I have come across as frustrated and I do apologize for that. I have put a lot of time in on the course and behind the scenes to get and keep this course and I am afriad that it is slipping through the cracks.
I'm not a junkie; I'm a disc golf enthusiast!

I will play anywhere
Call me for a game 636.219.7204
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 am

Actually TC, I think you're coming off too soft, if anything. I would be livid!

It should be downright obvious that you can't drink on a college campus and the other stuff isn't allowed anywhere. Let's call these ruiners what they are, "Jackholes" (that's me being polite).

Comes down to the responsible players having to take on yet more responsibility by actually stepping up and saying something when they see idiots attempting to ruin it for the rest. If you see people doing crap on the course they shouldn't, regardless of which course it is, "Say something". Be as polite as you can, start with explaining that you just want to keep the courses open and maintain a good relationship between disc golfers and those who own the land we're using for FREE... then go from there.

Sorry to hear about it TC. I hope karma visits these idiots with lost discs, lots of bogeys and perhaps a concussion from their own drive double ricocheting off two trees.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks for the message. I will post on here on the two club FB pages when I find out more.
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Return to Lindenwood University DGC