facebook versus stlouisdiscgolfclub.com

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

facebook versus stlouisdiscgolfclub.com

Postby Mike_R on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Is there information on Facebook page that is not included here?

I prefer this website, so I don't check facebook page often and I was wondering if I was missing anything
Mike_R
Par Poster

Re: facebook versus stlouisdiscgolfclub.com

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 am

Hi- as the admin of both the FB page and the Club's 'official' website/forums, I can tell you that there is rarely, if ever, info directly from the RCF that is on Facebook that is not also here on the forums/website. Basically, our FB page is set up to take an .rss feed of new forum topics and post them to our 'wall'. We also supplement that feed by posting some pictures and updates/links directly to FB, but again it is stuff that is usually found here as well.

That said, a lot of Club members and other area DG-enthusiasts are used to using FB, and post info and discussions there that may not make their way over to the forums or website. If you're looking to get absolutely every piece of info you can on STL-area Disc Golf events and happenings, I'd recommend bookmarking & checking out both on a regular basis.

http://www.facebook.com/STLDGC

Thanks,
Ted Spies
STLDGC web admin
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Mike_R on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks Ted. I generally just come here for event info, but I confess to finding guilty pleasure in some of the drama threads. Your scrolling event window is great, btw.

I'm not on facebook, so I still find the mash of info on facebook pages a little confusing. I'll keep checking here for now.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm with you Mike_R, I don't do The Facebook's and The Twitter's. Too much of a social time-burgler.

I get all my info and discussion right here on the forums... on my own time... without clutter from hundreds of fairweather aquaintances or family members.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby ScottJB on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 am

St.Chuck has an actual group on FB, as does Endicott, which makes immediate conversations possible for pick up rounds, so actually a usefull tool...'big hyzer' is the Endy group...
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A