Courses to play?

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Re: Courses to play?

Postby Mike_R on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

If you are in Florissant, then I would play White Birch in Hazelwood for sure. Oldest course in the area. A little short, but lots of character. Good for working on your short game.

Then, after you get cocky scoring well at White Birch, I'd head out to Sioux Passage where you need to air it out a little more
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Mike_R on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 pm

MedicineMan,

I wonder. Did I just play with you tonight at Endicott? If so, then you were a pretty solid player. Oh and I was 10 over, btw. I forgot about the bogey on 17.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby MedicineMan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Nah, I wasn't out there today. I'm hoping to go sometime tomorrow, or this week. I start my job monday, and am thinking i'll get out around 4pm. So during the week, I should be available.

I
Mike_R wrote:If you are in Florissant, then I would play White Birch in Hazelwood for sure. Oldest course in the area. A little short, but lots of character. Good for working on your short game.

Then, after you get cocky scoring well at White Birch, I'd head out to Sioux Passage where you need to air it out a little more

Mike,

Are you familiar w/ any KC courses? Curious how those suggested compare to the ones I'm used to. I'll hit up both of those for sure. I'll reply here when I'm headin out, or hit me up w/ a PM if any of you go.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You!
MedicineMan
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 am

i just played in kc last weekend, and Sioux Passage has a similar feel to Blue Valley. Sioux Passage's hills are not quite as steep but they are similar in distance.

As for White Birch, none of the five courses I played in KC were even close. White Birch is VERY old (oldest course in Missouri). The fairways are all on top of each other and players are constantly yelling "FORE".
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Endicott & Jefferson Barracks are sort of like both Rosedale & Waterworks. A good mixture of different types of shots, some wooded, some open, etc.

As for White Birch, it's worth visiting mainly because of the fact that it was the first course in Missouri.....& Sioux Passage is a beautiful park......it does compare somewhat to Blue Valley, but I find it to be a MUCH more enjoyable round of golf then Blue Valley was/is........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby ScottJB on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

I have played the KC Wide Open a few years, and I find that if Endicott and JB had a baby it would be Cliff Drive...
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Previous

Return to General DG Talk