Bridgeton Course *Update*

Bridgeton, MO

Re: Bridgeton Course *Update*

Postby raymandisc on Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

I second that request for an update. Putting in a new course is like a first date where you score. Count me in for help on the install. Don't tell my wife. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Bridgeton Course *Update*

Postby emptv on Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Disc up,
Would it not be a bad idea to have the tee pads poured and finished before sinking the pins, if the layout is set? :? Might be a proactive step to avoid the erosion factor around the pads that has happened in the past. :idea:
I am trying to help in advance but I can help on install as well. :)

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby bean928 on Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Any word? Eta,? Or wilmore ? Just wondering ready to play some fresh courses haha
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 am

I can't offer a definitive update, but i can share that there is a signed agreement between the Club and the City of Bridgeton and that the course is moving forward and some work has begun.

The City of Bridgeton will be preparing the area, according to the course plan/design, and doing light clearing/cutting and auguring out the holes for the pin placements over the next several weeks as the Club, the course designer, and any volunteers put the finishing touches on the design and lay the groundwork for the course installation.

Dave Mac has been out at the site, and will be out there again today, for anyone who wishes to pitch in...one of the Club's main priorities for the year is coming that much closer to fruition! Keep your eyes on this thread and the Updates page of the website for news and info on this, and other, new course opportunities in the area.
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby dtwest57 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Weather permitting, work on installing Bridgeton will begin this coming week! Holes will be dug, sleeves will be put in the ground, and if all goes well, baskets will be installed. Bridgeton has been the number 1 goal of the board for 2012, and I think we are very close!

- Dave W.
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm

i am available to help this week Wed-Fri after 5. I can also help out on Saturday.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby legendarydave on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Ugh... pretty far away from me... I'll play it but I don't think I'll be contributing my big muscles to helping till they get one in the city! Then I'll come on out and help with whatever is needed!
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Sleeves and tee signs are in. Any idea when the baskets will be installed? I'd like to play out there this weekend if possible...
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm

I was told that the rumor is that Carrollton will have baskets in tomorrow. In fact, the baskets are getting welded tomorrow and installed on Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday...at the very latest. Get excited! This place is gonna blow your mind!

I helped the City of Bridgeton Parks & Recreation Department take care of the tee post and pin position installations, and I gotta say that those guys rocked! Without them, this would just be a work in progress. As it stands, there are 48 sleeves and 18 tee posts in. Incredible!

The pin positions will start off a little tricky for the first week to warm the course up for the Disc Golf/Ball Golf Scramble. After that, they will move into the more obvious spots to give everyone a chance to learn the layout. I will hopefully post some temporary laminated "NEXT TEE" signs in the near future as well.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 am

Found something...the distances are all messed up, but at least the layout is there. I will replace the image as soon as I find/receive the revised one.

EDIT: Here is the revised map with the correct distances and pars. Game on!

Park in between the blue tee boxes of Hole 1 and Hole 10. That is your double loop/practice basket area.
Attachments
bridgeton-dgc-18-with-distances3-300dpi.jpg
Last edited by discdoh on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Carrollton Park