Course Maintenance

St. John, MO

Re: Course Maintenance

Postby Mike_R on Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Chris, I think you missed Jeff Irwin in your list of names above. Isn't he the one who put fresh stain on all the tee posts? The posts sure look great now.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks, Mike I updated my previous post.
BTW, thanks for being there this morning to receive the block and minus.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun May 20, 2012 10:32 pm

The steps and wall on hole 13 look amazing and majestic. Tim Wiegard, Tim Finan, Tim Conlon, and I worked on the wall all day. We pulled out of the park at around 8:40p.
Ray Vuichard stopped for an hour and lent a hand. Later Kevin Donnelly and Dave Stuckman, followed later by Francis Albanese.
We cleaned up the path to the steps and cleared piles of collected branches on hole 12. The whole area appears groomed.
Sadly it is not complete so we'll be going back to wrap it up. The erosion issue that was jeopardizing the tee pad is resolved however. I am in awe of how well this project progressed. Thank you guys for coming out today and working on the course.

BTW, Dave Stuckman has been a helpful bystander for years and refused to become a member. This year he signed up for the first time and bought his dog, Maggie May, a membership too. Dave loves Endicott and thinks the Club is best thing to happen to disc golf. I couldn't agree more.

We are 8 members away from hitting 500. Thank you, to the first 492 members for making these course improvements possible.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed May 23, 2012 6:10 am

Here are some photos of the new stairs on Hole #13. Thank you to all who have helped make the project happen!
endii13 stairs1.jpg
endii13 stairs2.jpg
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Chris K on Wed May 23, 2012 7:45 am

We completed the steps on Monday 5/21. Thanks to Tim Wiegard, Dave Garver, Robert Sotta, Tim Conlon, Derek Coleman, yours truly and later Kevin Donnelly. We cleared out an area on top and put a picnic table there too. I am very proud of the work that has saved this tee pad from washing out and transformed it to the 'signature tee pad' of the course (previously held by tee pad 17). Once again; thank you guys for volunteering your time to improve and maintain our courses.

Chris K
BTW, we are now 4 members away from 500.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:39 am

I worked on Endicott for 4 hours Friday afternoon with a weed-eater. Trimmed around all tee pads, posts, benches and pin locations. A few sleeves have been hit by the mower and need replacing. Pat Ruscke also mentioned this and may spearhead the project to replace them.
There has been vandalism on the course with people breaking limbs and stomping bushes. While there are some dead trees that will come out eventually, ripping up the course without approval from the Course Captain is not an answer. I walked the course a week or so ago and lopped off torn honeysuckle branches and tree limbs. Please give me a call if you want some overgrowth addressed, 314-583-3340.
I spoke with Jeff Neibling about helping on the course to assist Derek Coleman, Pat Ruscke and myself. You may contact either of these guys as well.
The steps on hole 7 were never finished completely and it looks a mess. If you know someone who can finish the job, please give me a call. The Club will pay for additional rock and stone.
See you on the course:)
Chris K
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Endicott Park