JB Doubles Summer League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

JB Doubles Summer League 2012

Postby discdoh on Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm

I thought I had already posted all of this information, but I guess not. Oh well, I am sure that everyone has seen the league schedule on the other thread and knows that the Summer League starts tomorrow. If not, anyone that wants to join the league and can't make it tomorrow will still be allright. Everyone gets a drop week, so missing the first week is not the end of the world.

Here you go...

Ace Poster

Re: JB Doubles Summer League 2012

Postby discdoh on Thu May 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Here are the standings after Week 1...

Allright...

It looks like we have 42 teams currently. I would expect a few more teams to show up next week, so we should be right around the same numbers as the Spring League. A big thanks goes out to everyone for making JB Doubles one of the best/most successful leagues out there!

No ACES were hit, so the ACE POOl should be right around $125 or so for next week. With the longer layouts for Summer League, I can only hope that the ACE POOL gets massive before I hit it myself! :D At the current rate, if no one hits an ACE all league, it should be up around $500 by Week 9. That would mean that there would be 18 holes with a $30 CASH CTP during the 1-Disc Challenge. Wouldn't that be sweet?!

The course stays the same for next week, so let's see if you learned anything and can make some improvements...
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:27 am

Sorry about the lack of updates for the last week or so. I have been busy moving and Charter must be busy too...they are just now establishing my internet connection this morning after requesting it almost 10 days ago! I guess moving over a holiday weekend has its benefits and downfalls. I will try to get the updates posted this evening when I get home and relax for the first time in what seems like forever...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, Charter took their sweet time and finally got it right this time around. I would have gone with U-Verse after their intial screw up, but I have been told by too many people that Charter is unfortunately still the way to go. Any who...

I will do a little catch up with the getting the week-to-week standings from Weeks 2 & 3 first. After I get that taken care of, I will tabulate all of the scores from this last Tuesday and get them posted. At that point I will be all caught up and things can go back to normal.

Here are the standings after Week 2...

Highlights: No ACES hit. Team Misuraca posts another 12 down.

Last edited by discdoh on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Here are the standings after Week 3...

Highlights: No ACES were hit. The scores tighten up a bit as Team Misuraca lets Bickell/Reyes and some other groups get a few strokes back.

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Here are the standings after Week 4...

No ACES were hit, so the ACE POOl should be well above $300 next week. There are some golden opportunities in the new layout, so give it your best shot! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the ACE POOL holds on until the Week 9 Tournament so that I can have some super juicy cash CTPs for everyone to shoot for, but that just might be wishful thinking. We shall see...

The divisional splits will be made after this week. Remember that everyones drop week will be figured in before I make the splits.

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Here are the standings after Week 5...

First off, I didn't receive one of the cards last week and could only acquire one of the missing scores before I simply had to move forward without all of the necessary information. It really isn't that big of a deal, other than that the divisional split might be slightly adjusted once I insert the corrected scores. If the missing score wasn't you, then you are in your proper division...

Second, someone picked up the flags on holes 4, 6, and 8 and didn't get them to me or call me with the needed information. This hasn't happened in quite some time, so I guess it was overdue. Unless I can get proof from more than one source, these CTPs will simply get thrown back into the kitty.

I know you have been waiting patiently for the divisional splits to be posted. I put it off until now because I needed to make some hard decisions and really wanted some time to mull it over, not to mention that I was hoping the missing info would turn up somehow. In any event, here is what I came up with:

There is now a Super Pro and Pro Division. As far as payouts go, these can basically be considered one large group. The top 6 teams will finish in the Super Pro division and be part of the payouts. The remaining 8 groups will finish in the Pro Division and battle it out for a plaque. Everyone in the Pro Division (no cash payout) will receive the standard $10 voucher like normal. I did this to give the teams that don't have any cash payout hopes something to shoot for. Just because you are in the Super Pro this week doesn't mean that you will be there next week...to stay in the cash you will still need to defend your position.

The ACE POOL is going to be pretty huge this week ($400+), so come and get it!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 am

Just a quick note...

I adjusted the standings to reflect a 6-team Super Pro and 8-team Pro dispersion (the way I described it above), but forgot to upload the adjusted leaderboard. In case you were wondering, YES, this does put me and my partner at the top of the plaque battling Pro Division...SHENANIGANS!

See you all this afternoon/evening!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE?????????????????????????????? :shock:

JUST SAY THE WORD AND I WILL GO THROUGH SCORE CARDS AND PUT THE INFO ON THE WEB DOH.
YOU NEED TO DELEGATE SOME OF THIS WORK FOR A CHANGE. :D
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Strange on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm blamin Charter
Strange
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.