The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Postby emptv on Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Disc Up Golfers,
Good luck, have fun & be sure and stop by LAKERland at the Stl Open @ Endicott for freebies and some high octane fruit.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Postby gregwil2 on Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 am

I made a short intro for the St Louis Open. Possibly to continue on with a full length video to include pictures and results from the weekend.
http://youtu.be/vmnj_90VvCA
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Ok...

I think everything went really well today at check-in. There are people in town from all over the U.S.A! Thanks for picking St. Louis as one of your tournament destinations! I hope we meet all of your expectations, and then some! If you didn't make it to check-in, no big deal. Just make it to your respective course a few minutes earlier tomorrow morning so that we can get you all squared away. When you get back to Endicott (tourney central), come visit us so that we can get your player's pack taken care of. Also, it looks like we will have enough tournament shirts to give all of the PRO divisions one as well. We will take care of you on Sunday morning before your 3rd round.

The courses are looking sweet (especially the new steps on Hole 7 Endicott), and the parks department did some last minute mowing for us to ensure that everyone has a good time. The 3 STL courses are set up nice and tough, but fair, and Rock Spring is The Rock for a reason...either you got it that day or you don't!

I had one minor snafu at check-in - about 4-5 AM players (various divisions) that pre-registered might have recieved a Level 3 Player's Pack instead of a Level 1. I have the short list of people that it might have occured with in hand and would like to correct the mistake. If you can just bring back the discs to tournament central and show us that you didn't get the premium Discraft disc, I will make it worth your while. I really hope I didn't make you scratch your head too much...

There are some sweet CTPs for each round on every course, so make sure those tee shots count! David Feldberg was kind enough to sign a bunch of sweet Innova discs for CTPs, even though he had to head down to Texas for some physical therapy and another tournament- http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/85360. Oh well, maybe he will decide to stick around next year. I apologize for anyone's disappointment...I am right there with you.

Shoot well and I look forward to seeing everyone over the period of the weekend. The MPO Final 9 should be a blast! I am not sure Dave could hang with these young guns anyways!

Have fun and bang those chains!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat May 05, 2012 1:55 am

Last post tonight...

A quick glimpse at some nice trophy action...
Attachments
Trophy.JPG
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 pm

My first time not playing or running the STL Open. I'm hoping to watch the last round. Where are the Open Pros going to be Sunday last round? I'm rooting for a St. Louis winner in all divisions. It could happen. Thanks.. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sat May 05, 2012 2:46 pm

ray: open/pro divisions will be @ endicott sunday morning for their third round as well as the final 9

here's a "live" scoring update after this morning's first round Pro action at JB (click to zoom):
IMG_4394.jpg

leaders:

OPEN
Nikko Locastro & Paul Ulibarri: 48

PRO WOMEN
Catrina Allen: 56

PRO MASTERS
David Rose: 49

Don't forget tonight's Player's Party going down @ Endicott shortly after the second round action concludes!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby discdoh on Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 pm

raymandisc wrote:My first time not playing or running the STL Open. I'm hoping to watch the last round. Where are the Open Pros going to be Sunday last round? I'm rooting for a St. Louis winner in all divisions. It could happen. Thanks.. :mrgreen:

The PROs will be at Endi all day. The Final 9 should be quite the showdown! Check out the layout on some earlier posts..
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun May 06, 2012 6:56 am

here's a peek at the AM scores after day 1 (click & zoom)...i should be able to update/post the PRO scores when i get to the course this morning.

ADVANCED
ADV.jpg

INTERMEDIATE
INT.jpg

WOMEN'S/REC/ETC.
RETC.jpg
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

WELL.............whew, we made it through this weekend, &, I think the tournament went off really well for the most part!! From my vantage point at Sioux Pass all weekend the players seemed to be having a good time & enjoyed playing the monster course out there. I heard some minor grumbling here & there, & there are always a few things that we can improve upon. The volunteers that made it all happen worked their asses off, I hope all the players appreciate that fact, it seemed as though most of them did.....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I think it was a great weekend. Everything was very well done. From the players pack add ons (awesome score card by the way) to the spotters and course preparation. Cool tournament shirt too. Also pre-planning and scheduling with the NSDG group was really cool. The player's program was very impressive and well done too. Full color, cut to bleed on glossy paper is professional grade. That is a step up from any player's program I've seen.
There are bound to be hick-ups along the way, but overall I don't think there was any reason to complain this weekend, other than the heat. Thanks to Dave, Bob, Greg, Steve, Eric, Jeff, Mark and all the other volunteers for making the Open awesome this year. Excellent job
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments