JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Postby discdoh on Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 am

My policy is that we play as long as their is no lightning or other life threatening weather issues. If it is just rain, we play on...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby GeorgeS on Tue May 01, 2012 9:13 am

yes sir, sounds good. see you then.
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm

I missed what the special is for this week. Safari? One disc?
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 pm

The format is a "Mix-n-Match" singles tournament. I will have flagged off teepads on every other hole. The odd numbered holes will play normally. The even numbered holes will play from the flag teepads. On the "short" holes there will also be a CASH CTP for everyone that kicks in a $5 donation. Of this $5, $3 will go towards the CASH CTPs and $2 will go towards the pizza party/JB course fund. I am expecting the CASH CTPs to be worth about $20 each. This is a new format that I came up with to facilitate giving away the ACE POOL money that is normally left over. In this case, the ACE POOL was drained on the last week, so there wasn't anything to give away, hence the $5 collection.

I put the plaque order in this morning. Scott said that he would try to get it completed, but he did not promise anything. If the plaques are not completed on time, I will just have to hand them out during the next league session. Not the end of the world either way, but I apologize in advance if they don't make it to the Awards Ceremony.

I just got home and am now going to knock out the Final Standings and Payouts. I will post updates as they are completed. Sorry for the delay, but the STLO took precedence this past week. My plate was more than full! I think we put a really good tournament on, but I am paying for it...I am still completely exhausted! Thanks for putting up with the delay and not getting over anxious.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Here are the final standings...

The Spring league has gone in the books and I think everything went quite well. The Mix-n-Match Tournament was a blast! I will be using this format again in the future. Maybe next time there will be some SERIOUS cash on the line for all of the short hole CASH CTPs. We just need to avoid hitting so many ACES! :lol:

If you didn't get your voucher, make sure you see me and pick it up. Remember that EVERYONE at least gets a $10 voucher, so even if you finished near the bottom of your division you still have a voucher waiting for you...

Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.