The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Here is the most recent update...

The player's packs have been assembled, and they are really sweet! There is a slightly tiered setup as to how everything is given out disc wise. The sooner you sign up, the more valuable the disc selection will be. We are talking about just dropping down a grade in plastic for one of the discs from one level to the next, but I personally would much rather have a piece of Z vs X, if you know what I mean. Either way, the player's packs are a killer deal...the return on your $55 entry fee is more than recuperated! They are loaded with a bunch of sweet swag besides the discs, too. I made sure of that personally!

Just so that everyone is clear, we are splitting up the added cash proportionally amongst all of the PRO divisions. We heard the grumbling last year and won't make the mistake of over-compensating the MPO too much. It was an honest mistake that won't be repeated. If there are any FPO listeners out there, please don't believe the hype, we aren't going to forget you this time around, guaranteed. I hope it is not too late for you to sign up and make it. We need you!

The SuperColor Buzzzs and MiniStars are beautiful. Everyone will have a chance to win one on their cards Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. You can also buy them direct at tournament central.

More fun info will continue to roll in, so keep checking for updates as we get closer to T Day...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 am

Player's packs sound sweet for sure. What tee boxes will be used at Rock Spring? I saw couple tee boxes, such as 4, painted off out there that wasn't there before the Memorial. Or atleast I don't think they were there.

Johnny
Last edited by Puck'n'Disc5 on Tue May 01, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 am

Registration Update

The T-Shirt deadline has been pushed back. The flyer states that you must be pre-registered by April 29th in order to receive a T-Shirt. We have pushed this date back to midnight Thursday, May 3rd. If you show up to Endicott on Friday to register, we can not guarantee that you will receive a T-Shirt. Anyone that pre-registers before Friday will have precedence and receive a T-Shirt for certain (including the PRO divisions). If there are any leftover, the Friday registrants will receive one too. Also, shirt sizes will be available on a first come first served basis. I tried to order a good spread, so hopefully everyone will get what they want, but you know how it goes sometimes...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue May 01, 2012 10:15 am

sweet shirt design, are those gonna be cotton or drifit? any hints on what kind of plastic is in the player's packs?
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 am

They are a 50/50 blend, so the shirts are kinda dri-fit. I haven't actually held any in my hand yet, but they were described as being like the "charged cotton" tech shirts that you see at the stores. They should be REAL nice.

We will also have a bunch of tournament dri-fit apparel for sale as well. We are only charging $1-2 over cost for these items, so you will probably want to pick up something extra as well. It will totally be worth the money. Here is the price breakdown:

- single color dri-fit T-Shirt $10
- 2-color dri-fit T-Shirt $15
- 2-color dri-fit men's polo $22
- 2-color dri-fit women's polo $21

The quantities are limited, so I would recommend picking something up ASAP if you are interested.

As far as the plastic goes, here is the breakdown:

- Innova Blizzard variety - Destroyer, Boss, Katana, TeeDevil, Ape, etc.
- Discraft variety - Level 1 - Buzzz (ESP, Elite X), Nuke/Nuke OS (Z), Force (ESP)
Level 2 - Buzzz (Pro D), Challenger (Elite X)
Level 3 - Challenger (Pro D), Magnet (Pro D), Focus (Pro D)
- Gateway Wizard - G9 Classic - these have been very well received since he re-released them!

The sooner you get registered, the higher your level will be for the Discraft plastic. You will not be allowed to hand pick your models, colors, or weights. This has been pre-determined to ease the sign-in process. We have done this in the past and it worked really well. If you don't like what you got, you can trade with other AMs or possibly even work a trade with us later in the weekend once everyone is signed in.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue May 01, 2012 4:22 pm

what time does check in start on friday? i'm hoping to swing by before work otherwise i will have to run across the river on an extended lunch.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue May 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Check In starts on Friday at Endicott at 10:00am. I don't know when it ends.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 pm

The Club just posted up a little STLO Preview on the website's Updates Page...check it out for a list of the Player's Pack items, some pics of the courses and swag, and other links and info:

The St. Louis Open- Preview

Go to the ProShop to Pre-Register, and we'll see you this weekend!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

EAT @ St. Louis Open

Postby warboss on Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 pm

BBQ lunch will be available @Endicott Saturday AND Sunday.

$5 Meal- Meats+Sides

The Meats
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Chicken Drumstick/Thigh(2piece)
Pork Steak

The Sides
Cole Slaw
Beans
Corn

Bring your apatite and eat good! See you there!
"the food guy"
warboss
Bogey Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm

It was very nice seeing folks in town that I do not get to see except at HUGH tournys I travel to in the spring, and this year 1 more later in the year. Things like true friendship hugs do not happen in my world unless in the discgolf world. Thanks for the folks that I never get to see unless we are out playing this game. Oh yea this happens only 1 time a year in STL...
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments