The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Postby jhenson on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Safari Hole 8
Tee Pad 14 to 16A

The tee on 13 is very tight when you consider there will be gallery and more divisions than normal playing final 9. And it would give the guys more run up for a monster!
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 pm

i didn't notice it in the pre registration sign up, but is there any way to request our shirt sizes or will it be a free for all when you show up to snag your players pack?
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 pm

dehaas wrote:i didn't notice it in the pre registration sign up, but is there any way to request our shirt sizes or will it be a free for all when you show up to snag your players pack?

It will be an educated guess. With any luck it will be close to correct. Pre-ordering individual shirt sizes put too big of a restraint on placing the order ahead of time.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discthrower on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am

I have noticed that tourney HQ will be at endicott. Will there be any discs/merchandise for sale at JB for spectators?
discthrower
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 am

We are trying to get the JC Sharpshooters to help TD at JB. If they can help out,they will more than likely also bring their inventory for the players and spectators. If not, it will probably just be a club member TDing at JB. Unless the volunteer also has a trunkload of plastic, I doubt any official sales will be going on. Your best bet is to make it out to Endicott one of the days (Fri-Sun). The club inventory is going to be absolutely chock full of goodness! You won't be able to find a better selection anywhere in the city. My suggestion would be to come out on Sunday and check out the Pros play. They are there all day, so you will get to chek out some incredible DG skills displayed as well!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 pm

With the limited mowing at Sioux making narrow fairways and blending the taller existing grass will there be any high grass OB?
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Team Sioux, a group of the younger generation of volunteers (that is right they are out there, kinda like a morrel mushroom) will assist the St. Charles Disc Gof Club in marking the out of bounds. This group consists of young guns led by the Williams Brothers, Chris Albenese, newly employed and not so much disc golfin Matt Radke, and at times the tumultous star Cory Uhle. At the helm Francis Albenses is mentoring their progression and are in for good times as the park leans towards 36 holes at the Sioux Passage complex. I look to see great things from this group of young volunteers endeared to giving back to disc golf what it has done for them!

The out of bounds will remain the same as it has been in previous years, but the narrower fairways will mean that the rough will impact your stance(if you have one). All of the natural "native grasses" are OB. We will lay lines with flags to identify the critical areas that need it, in this case probably more than last year as we are using longer and more technical pin placements this year at Sioux.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I was out at Sioux this morning and this layout is tough. I didn't get to play, but the placements are really in their tough positions. And, with the grass cut into fairways, rough and OB, there will be lots of circles to count up at this course during the Open. Hopefully, not on my card...
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm

They have some unusual fairway cuts at endicott. are they leaving the tall fairway grasses tall for the Open?

If so, we might need spotters on 14
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby schimmy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 am

What's the word on the cave Friday night? Is there going to be a doubles event?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments