JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

Here are the divisional splits...

I had to go with 5 divisions. It just wouldn't work out any other way. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but it will end up watering down the payouts a bit -> more divisions = more plaques, less $10 vouchers, less money for the winners. Like I said, not really a BIG deal, but it is what it is...

As usual, I hope nobody feels like they got the shaft. If you ended up at the bottom of a division instead of at the top of the division below you, please understand that I always make these splits 100% unbiased. I can only do so much, so please don't take it personally. If you are wondering why I put Mark & Neil in the Pro Division when they clearly qualified for the Advanced Division, you obviously don't know Mark & Neil very well...

There is some seriously tight competition out there. There are only 2 weeks left, however, so if you want to make a move there is no better time than now!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 am

Re-Post

I am posting this to remind everyone about the Cardinal Ticket Raffle that ends tomorrow evening (4/24). So far, there has only been $50 worth of tickets sold. The odds are extremly good at this point. I want that to change, however. To encourage more sales before the drawing tomorrow night, I am going to offer some incentives:

- if you are already a JB Leaguer, I will cover your "extras" for this week if you bring me $20 in raffle ticket sales. In other words, if you and 3 of your buddies buy 1 x $5 ticket each, you will get to shoot for all of the CTP flags and ACE POOL for free. So, not only will you have a chance to watch a Cardinals game with the NSDG Tour crew in some killer seats, but you will also have some extra beer/soda money to boot.

- if you are not currently a JB Leaguer, I will cover your "guest" fees for this week if you bring me $30 in raffle ticket sales. In other words, you will get to shoot for the CTP flags and ACE POOL for free while enjoying a round of golf at JB in the St. Louis Open layout. Just show up anytime between 3-5PM and I will get you on a card after we settle up the raffle ticket transaction.

Come on people! This is a sweet promotion that benefits JB, so don't be shy. I am sure that Dave, Nikko, Cale, and Will don't bite, so don't be scared! I'll see y'all tomorrow!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 am

OK, that's 4 straight leagues we got split into last place. I blame Rich
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am

But on the bright side, Rick, you are only 3 strokes out of first...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

NO issue. However, to continue my collection for my bar, when you place the order, I want the 2nd place Summer League 2010 plaque that Rich told you not to get. I'll remind you after week 8. RIch will pay if necessary
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby jdix42 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey Strange I'll let you display 1 or 2 of my plaques.
That is if you dont mind them saying 1st place on them.
LOL
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:50 am

jdix42 wrote:Hey Strange I'll let you display 1 or 2 of my plaques.
That is if you dont mind them saying 1st place on them.
LOL

I have many 1st's. however it'll take about 100 to fill the wall behind my bar
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Here are the standings after Week 7...

There are a few noteworthy items this week -

First off, the Cardinal Ticket Raffle took place at The Bean House, and the winner is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKfrUEuKZVY

Thanks to everyone that bought tickets! JB says "Thank You"!

Second, no one hit the ACE POOL, so it should be up around $140 for the last week. If nobody hits the ACE POOL next week, the ACE POOL will be given away during the Week 9 Activity. Read the League Notes below for more details.

Third, the SPECIAL CTP will take place next week. This will happen BEFORE your round at a temporary basket that I am going to place somewhere around the Blackhawk Shelter. Read the League Notes below for more details.

Fourth, the Week 9 Activity is going to be a "Mix-n-Match" layout. This is something new that I have wanted to try out for quite some time. Non-league members are invited to join us for the "Mix-n-Match" Tournament, Pizza Party, and CTJ Extravaganza. For $5, you will get to participate in the fun and food. For a small additional charge you will also be able to compete for the ACE POOL CTPS. Read the League Notes below for more details.

Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:18 am

Greg,
If Jimmy and Adam do not have objections RAy May and I would like to go out on a card with them this coming Tuesday, since we are one stroke behind them. If not, If we could get on a card with one of the other pairs in our division that are tied with us at -30.
Thanks,
Jeff
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby GeorgeS on Tue May 01, 2012 8:06 am

Are we a go at J B today??
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.