Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates with the NonStop Disc Golf Tour!

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates with the NonStop Disc Golf Tour!

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Here is some exciting news...

First off, I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to Josh Henson for making all of this possible! He is the mastermind behind this incredible promotion that JB Doubles League has the privilege to run. You da man!

The JB Doubles League is hosting a Cardinal Ticket Raffle. There are 2 tickets available for Wednesday night, May 2nd. This is the Wednesday right before The 2012 St. Louis Open weekend. Why is this significant, you ask? If you happen to be the lucky winner, you will get to attend the game and sit right next to the NonStop Disc Golf Tour crew - Nikko, Dave, Will, and Cale! Not only that, but the NSDG crew will be putting on a disc golf exhibition ON THE FIELD before the game! You will get to witness some disc golf history being made! How cool is that!

I would like to make it clear that we are still hammering out all of the details. Everything is very close to being finalized, but their is a slight chance that the NSDG crew will not be able to make it to the game. Rest assured, however, that this is 99% ready to go. If you were them, would you miss this opportunity? On the slight chance that they can't make it, the winner will still have some killer seats to go watch the game from. Like I said, this promotion is a virtual lock, so proceed confidently. I just had to throw that out there for full disclosure purposes.

Raffle tickets will be available up until 5:00PM Tuesday, April 24th. I will pick the winner at The Bean House later that evening (after the JB Doubles League). If you are not a member of the JB Doubles League, but would still like to purchase some raffle tickets, please get a hold of me. You can do this via this discussion board, by phone, or in person. We will do what it takes to get your name in the hat!

75% of the proceeds will benefit the Jefferson Barracks DGC. The are a couple of large projects looming, and theses funds will go a long way towards getting them completed. Who knows, maybe we will be able to complete the stairs and bridges project on Hole 4 before the STLO! Stranger things have happened!

25% of the proceeds will benefit the JB Doubles League. The funds will be used to purchase a bunch of items for the FREE CTP holes that are offered every week. If you thought they were sweet before, just wait until I get to hand pick some items from the club inventory. Can you say Blizzard and Titanium? Once I make the divisional splits, I might even be able to offer individual division CTP flags for the various FREE CTP holes. Let's see how it goes...

Go Cards!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates with the NonStop Disc Golf T

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 am

I am posting this to remind everyone about the Cardinal Ticket Raffle that ends tomorrow evening (4/24). So far, there has only been $50 worth of tickets sold. The odds are extremly good at this point. I want that to change, however. To encourage more sales before the drawing tomorrow night, I am going to offer some incentives:

- if you are already a JB Doubles Leaguer, I will cover your "extras" for this week if you bring me $20 in raffle ticket sales. In other words, if you and 3 of your buddies buy 1 x $5 ticket each, you will get to shoot for all of the CTP flags and ACE POOL for free. So, not only will you have a chance to watch a Cardinals game with the NSDG Tour crew in some killer seats, but you will also have some extra beer/soda money to boot.

- if you are not currently a JB Doubles Leaguer, I will cover your "guest" fees for this Tuesday if you bring me $30 in raffle ticket sales. In other words, you will get to shoot for the CTP flags and ACE POOL for free while enjoying a round of golf at JB in the St. Louis Open layout. Just show up anytime between 3-5:15PM tomorrow and I will get you on a card after we settle up the raffle ticket transaction.

Come on people! This is a sweet promotion that benefits JB, so don't be shy. I am sure that Dave, Nikko, Cale, and Will don't bite, so don't be scared! I'll see y'all tomorrow! If you can't make it tomorrow, get a hold of me if you would like to purchase some tickets. We will figure something out...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 pm

And the winner is...

Greg Wilcox!

Here is a link to a video I made of the selection process...

http://youtu.be/TKfrUEuKZVY

Greg, you can get the tickets from me anytime. If you would like me to send them to you in the mail, send me a PM and I will take care of it ASAP.

A BIG "Thanks" goes out to everyone that purchased tickets for the raffle! If you didn't come out the big winner, take solace in the fact that you are directly responsible for helping out with some upcoming course improvements at JB!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Sweet! :o :shock:
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion