Course Maintenance

St. John, MO

Re: Course Maintenance

Postby Chris K on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Dave Garver and I got half of hole 17 done before the battery said 'no mas'. I'll be going out Sunday to work again. Bring a cordless driver; the wood and scews are at each bridge. Remember to start in the middle and work to the ends. Two people with tools can work on the same bridge. Thanks in advance for doing what you can. When we are finished we can have a 'Nooner' at Endicott.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 am

Heading to Endicott to work on the bridges and play some golf afterwards.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Chris, I can meet you next saturday morning, assuming the rains don't hit again. I still have the car loaded with wheel barrow, shovel, 2 wheeler and sprayer
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks Mike, I am still working out the details for this Saturday. I am planning to play at Rock Spring on Sunday. Even if the steps get delayed, we can still spray for Poison Ivy and spread mulch at the Tee Pads. I'd like to build small headers or curved retaining walls 4 feet in front of the pads to deal with the erosion in a more permanent way. Brad Allen may be working on the fence at hole 6 this weekend too.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Are you still planning to do maintenance at endicott tomorrow? I'll be there by 9:00am or so. Maybe earlier is I don't need to cook breakfast for the chil'ens. should be perfect mulch-spreading weather
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Mike_R on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm planning to push some mulch at endicott tomorrow.

If anyone has a wheel barrow or a metal rake, we could make a party of it.

I should be there by 9:00am. I figure I'll just do mulch for an hour or so, and then play 18.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Mike_R on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 pm

whoops. just saw the RFC event reminder email. Looks like lots of people will be working on endicott tomorrow. sweet.

I'll have a 2 wheeler, shovel, blade tool thingie, wheel barrow and 1-gallon sprayer.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 pm

The steps at hole 7 are in! Big thanks to Josh Cole, Tim Wiegard, Curtis Simmons, Phillip Green, and Chancey Green for working all day and to Steve Kleiber and Joe Jaegers for working half the day. We started at 9a and finished at 8:45p. Incredible.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm

There is a work day tomorrow at Endicott 9a. We are replacing the tire steps leading to hole 13's tee pad. We are also addressing the erosion and runoff issue by building a retaining wall. The retaining wall at hole 9's tee pad will have steps too.
Please stop by for an hour or two to help us complete these projects. Bring a wheelbarrow, shovel, rake, gloves, etc if you can.

The club has been working on Endicott over the past few weeks spraying and cutting the Poison Ivy; removing the dead honeysuckle; trimming the bushes and dead limbs around the tee pads and benches; trimming eye level branches from the greens and pathways; picking up trash; clearing the drains; and spreading mulch.
We are working with Mike Montgomery, who mows the park, to define the fairways. He misses quite a bit because he doesn't play but we will continue to work on it. It should be right within a week or two. The County put trash cans on the majority of the tee pads. We have pointed out a number of dead trees for removal. Be aware of the potential hazzard of falling branches from these trees and play quickly (especially during windy conditions).

The course is getting a more groomed appearance thanks in part to Course Captain, Tim Finan, plus Dave Garver, Tim Wiegard, Brad Allen, Josh Cole, Phillip Green, Curtis Simmons, Mike Reynolds, Daniel Doss, Scott Schulte, Joe Jaegers, Steve Kleiber, Robert Sotta, Derek Coleman, Jeff Irwin and yours truly.

If you consider Endicott your home course please make the effort to give us a hand for an hour or two.

Thanks in advance,

Chris K
314-583-3340
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Some may have noticed that the bridge boards have been replaced at holes 4, 6 and 17. Thank you Dave Garver, Tim Finan, Daniel Doss, Scott Schulte, and Tim Kelly.

The fence at hole 6 has been repaired. Thank you Brad Allen.

The sign posts have been painted a rich brown to deter graffiti. Thank you, Jeff Irwin.

If you are aware of repairs or maintenance needed at Endicott, please let us know. The same goes for improvements or maintenance at any of our courses.

Thanks for supporting our club and disc golf in general. It is through our members that we enjoy the disc golf environment that we have. If you are not a member, please consider joining us.
Chris K
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Endicott Park