The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 2012

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I believe you will be able to participate in the doubles round, but you will not have the opportunity to play with one of the NSDG crew. In order to have the chance at partnering up with one of the 1030+ rated players, you will need to participate in the Flight School. I am not 100% sure about this, however. A lot probably depends on how many people show up for the Flight School. Either way, you will have a chance at partnering up with me, so have no fear! :lol:
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm a little fuzzy on the AM Pools for the Open.

I would very much like to play one of the rounds at JB, which means MA1 or MA3.

Based on my previous showings, I should probably play INT, but I would be ok in Masters or Advanced Masters. How can I find out which AM divisions fall into each of the different pools?

Thanks for the help.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Intermediate is the only division that does not play JB.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:13 pm

ok. i'm signed up for advanced masters. it shows me as MM1, which I guess is same as MA1 for pool assignments. one of these years i'll get the hang of all this cryptic disc golf lingo
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm

That actually means that you are in the MA3 and Other Am Divisions pool. There is the possibility that this could change depending on how the registration numbers develop, but I highly doubt it.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Ok, we have another bonus treat figured out for this year's tournament.

Discraft decided to bump up their support of the club and the St. Louis Open this year by giving us a bunch of fundraiser SuperColor discs and minis. Daniel Doss took care of the graphic design and did a really sweet job. Here is how you can get your hands on them during the tournament weekend:

1 - During the Saturday afternoon round, if you win your card you will win a Supercolor Buzzz! Every card on every course! If you happen to be on a mixed card (more than 1 division represented), each division represented will be fighting for their own Buzzz. When you turn in the card to your Course TD, you can also pick up your sweet prize!

2 - During the Sunday morning round, if you win your card you will win a Supercolor Mini-Star! Every card on every course! Once again, if you happen to be on mixed card, each division represented will fight for their own Mini-Star. See your TD when you turn your card in to pick up your winnings!

3 - You can volunteer to help out during the weekend. We always need extra help. We always need some volunteers to help out the TDs at the various courses, to help spot on some of the tougher holes, and just some warm bodies to help keep an eye on things at tournament central when things get a little busy. If you help out all weekend (both days), we will be hooking you up big time! I don't want to spoil all of the surprises, but you can rest assured that a SuperColor Buzzz and Mini-Star will be part of the package! If you can only help out for 1 of the days, we will still be hooking you up with some cool stuff, but trust me, you want to do both days if you can...

4 - There will be a limited quantity of them for sale at tournament central. We are going to price them VERY fairly and will even be offering a package deal for all 3 colors, so you probably won't want to wait too long to pick one up if you are interested.

How about that? Just another sweet benefit of playing in this year's STLO!
Attachments
SuperColor1.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:51 am

Those look awesome!
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Here is some exciting news...

First off, I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to Josh Henson for making all of this possible! He is the mastermind behind this incredible promotion that JB Doubles League has the privilege to run. You da man!

The JB Doubles League is hosting a Cardinal Ticket Raffle. There are 2 tickets available for Wednesday night, May 2nd. This is the Wednesday right before The 2012 St. Louis Open weekend. Why is this significant, you ask? If you happen to be the lucky winner, you will get to attend the game and sit right next to the NonStop Disc Golf Tour crew - Nikko, Dave, Will, and Cale! Not only that, but the NSDG crew will be putting on a disc golf exhibition ON THE FIELD before the game! You will get to witness some disc golf history being made! How cool is that!

I would like to make it clear that we are still hammering out all of the details. Everything is very close to being finalized, but their is a slight chance that the NSDG crew will not be able to make it to the game. Rest assured, however, that this is 99% ready to go. If you were them, would you miss this opportunity? On the slight chance that they can't make it, the winner will still have some killer seats to go watch the game from. Like I said, this promotion is a virtual lock, so proceed confidently. I just had to throw that out there for full disclosure purposes.

Raffle tickets will be available up until 5:00PM Tuesday, April 24th. I will pick the winner at The Bean House later that evening (after the JB Doubles League). If you are not a member of the JB Doubles League, but would still like to purchase some raffle tickets, please get a hold of me. You can do this via this discussion board, by phone, or in person. We will do what it takes to get your name in the hat!

75% of the proceeds will benefit the Jefferson Barracks DGC. The are a couple of large projects looming, and theses funds will go a long way towards getting them completed. Who knows, maybe we will be able to complete the stairs and bridges project on Hole 4 before the STLO! Stranger things have happened!

25% of the proceeds will benefit the JB Doubles League. The funds will be used to purchase a bunch of items for the FREE CTP holes that are offered every week. If you thought they were sweet before, just wait until I get to hand pick some items from the club inventory. Can you say Blizzard and Titanium? Once I make the divisional splits, I might even be able to offer individual division CTP flags for the various FREE CTP holes. Let's see how it goes...

Go Cards!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Sounds like one hell of an idea from the idea of letting the pro's play on the field to holding a raffle to sit next to them. Not to mention the seats are pretty prime as well. Will these tickets be for sale at the Alton Memorial Tourney at Rock Springs on the 22nd?
Last edited by Puck'n'Disc5 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Helping @ The 7th Annual St. Louis Open - May 5th & 6th, 201

Postby emptv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Disc up,
I would like to volunteer to set up LAKERland and assist in the St. Louis Open events at Endicott. I have listed this event and location as part of the World’s Biggest Disc Golf Weekend, so I am kind of locked into being at Endicott DGC. I can assist in any way needed but I have not taken the PDGA officials exam, hence I cannot do certain duties (ha ha that means poo) ex. being a T.D.
Would anyone be interested in WBDGW shirts or full color disc to celebrate this event? Minimum order is 20-25 disc and shirts, what do you think RCF members?

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments