River City Ratings & Tournament/Event Scores

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: River City Ratings & Tournament/Event Scores

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 am

The latest River City Ratings Update is now posted on the Club Website's Stats, Scores, & Ratings Page.

18 golfers have newly "unlocked" ratings on this Update as a result of joining the Club and/or passing the minimum rounds threshold for making their Rating "official".

The next rated rounds will be The Crusade @ El Shaddai hosted by the SCCDGC on 4/14...come out and get your River City Rating!

Here's the latest Top 100 Leaderboard- now with handy directional arrows to let you know which way your Rating is trending!

4.2 Top100 Flyer small PROGRESS ARROW.jpg

Keep an eye out for the Ratings Leaderboard coming to a course kiosk near you, and for upcoming announcements as to how the River City Ratings can and will be used at area tournaments to enhance their fairness, competition, and parity.

Thanks
Ted Spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Mike_R on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

so I see that the arrows represents movement since last update, but what do the colors over the rating column mean?
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Mike_R wrote:so I see that the arrows represents movement since last update, but what do the colors over the rating column mean?

hi! the colors don't really mean anything in particular, but are- especially on the full Ratings Updates from which the Top100 comes- a simple way to visually organize groups of players who all might fit into a certain grouping based on their rating.

the color coding is also helping us look at how many players in any given ratings range show up, on average, to a local event.

thanks
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby schimmy on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 am

what's the difference between the straight down red arrow and the down-right yellow arrow? or the straight up green arrow and the up-right yellow arrow?

just for an example, neil brown #2 did not change at all but he has a up-right arrow.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

I believe the arrows track the movement over your last several rated rounds, not necessarily just from one update to the next. So while my rating, for example, hasn't changed from the March 12 update to now, my slightly upward yellow area shows that my last rated rounds helped to bump my rating up a bit. This is sort of greg's area, so maybe he'll describe it a little better, but that's the gist of it.

Thanks!
Ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby gregwil2 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

As for the delta arrow column, when I made it, I didn't realize I lost the first rated round event (RFC Champs Rd1), so it made the arrows wrong. It was suppose to be since the last release of the top 100. The breakdown is as follows:
Green Arrow Up - Rating change of +0.25 or more
Yellow Arrow Up - Rating change of +0.05 to +0.24
Yellow Arrow Sideways - Rating change -0.05 and +0.05
Yellow Arrow Down - Rating change -0.05 to -0.24
Red Arrow Down - Rating change -0.25 or more

I'm open to different values, but I thought that this would be a good starting point. I've provided an update to Ted of the new Top 100 with updated arrows (and correction of 1 person).

If there's any more questions or issues, let us know!
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 pm

I updated the Top 100 attached above to the corrected version. We also found a player whose rating should have "unlocked" after the C-Tiers, but hadn't- as a result, 4/5ths of the list dropped down a place...we all got 1% worse just like that.

sorry about my mis-explanation of the arrows on the leader board- they're new to me also!

ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby schimmy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks for doing this guys. Its really cool to see how we stack up against the rest of STL.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 am

Below are the River City Ratings results for The Crusade @ El Shaddai (4.14). The next rated rounds will be the Rockspring Memorial C-Tier (4.22) and the Throwdown at the Ridge (4.29). We will have a full Ratings Update, including a new Top 100, at the beginning of May- just before the St. Louis Open!

To learn more about the River City Ratings, or to check out your own rating, head to the Club website's Stats Page for all the info and links you need. Feel free to ask questions or comment on the Ratings here in this thread.

Round 1
4.14 The Crusade Rd1 River City Ratings.jpg

Round 2
4.14 The Crusade Rd2 River City Ratings.jpg
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Here are the River City Ratings for the Throwdown @ the Ridge (4/29):

4.29 Throwdown Rd1 River City Ratings.jpg

4.29 Throwdown Rd2 River City Ratings.jpg

We're pushing back the next full Update and Top 100 until after the St. Louis Open this coming weekend...sorry. Head to the Stats, Scores, & Ratings page on the Club website to find out what your River City Rating is, and to learn more!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments