The March C-Tiers 2012 - 2 PDGA Events - 3/24 & 3/25

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The March C-Tiers 2012 - 2 PDGA Events - 3/24 & 3/25

Postby discdoh on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 pm

I am sure that Francis would love to hear all suggestions...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm tired of paying the pro's way in all our pdga events and then have them not show. Who are the St Louis pros?
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby kevinsimpson on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Could someone explain to me what is meant by "Pro-Am?" I noticed that no one is registered in the open division, if there is one at all. Where will the pros play? Will any divisions offer cash payouts, or will it all be plastic/gear? Thanks!
kevinsimpson
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm

"Pro-Am" means that it is a Pro and Am event. The Ams and Pros play at the same venue both days. There are three people registered in the Open divisions - Ray Vuichard, Tim Sullivan, & Mike Fritz/Open Master. All Open divisions (cash divisions) that have at least 3 people sign up will be allowed. This is typically Open Pro Men, Open Master Men, Open Grandmaster Men, and ocassionally Open Pro Women.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby kevinsimpson on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Got it. Thanks!
kevinsimpson
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

Don't forget about Friday night at The Cave!

There is another forum thread that outlines the details. It sounds like 18 holes will be in effect once again!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

I just talked to Tim Wiegard, your fearless TD for BOTH of the C-Tier events. He is getting excited about this weekend and wanted to pass a little information on to everyone:

1) The course layout for Endicott is getting tweaked a tad today. I will know all of the specifics shortly and will post the changes in my earlier post for everyone to look at ASAP. Some of the holes are being lengthened, but the course will still not be maxed out by any means. Stay tuned...

2) The course layout for Sioux Passage is being established today as well. I believe Fancis and Chris Albanese are taking care of that at this very moment. I will know all of the specifics shortly and will post the layout in my earlier post (below the Endicott layout) for everyone to look at ASAP as well.

3) We will have a keg of beer both days, courtesy of Schlafly. As per PDGA rules, drinking by players is not allowed during actual play, but you are more than welcome to quaff a few brews in between rounds and after the second round. Only TDs, legitimate volunteers, and registered players will be allowed to partake, so don't show up as a spectator and expect any free beer...bring your own supplies because it ain't gonna happen! If there is even close to a full field, 1 keg will only go so far. If you want to ensure that you have a victory beer in hand at day's end, you might want to pack some backup supplies anyways.

4) We have taken shipment of all of the player's pack discs and minis. The stamp looks sweet and follows the Yin-Yang design theme that we have been going with for the past couple of years. There are a few different molds available, so everyone that registers for both days will be able to mix it up a bit with their selections.

5) The customary $5 CTP package will be available both days. Lars from LSDiscs, The River City Flyers, ZANFEL, Johnny Mac's Sporting Goods, and possibly some other donaters will be represented, not to mention the COLD HARD CASH CTPs! We are still working on the specifics, but you certainly won't want to pass up on this option. It will be an incredible value for $5!

6) Dan Fritz will be taking care of food for both days. He has been cooking up tasty vittles for JB Leaguers for years, and he decided that he wanted to take a shot at the big time! He hasn't released his official menu, but he did state that there will be $3 and $5 plates available. Figure out your hunger needs, grab a plate of food and an ice cold Schlafly beer (or one of many non-alcoholic alternatives) and sit back with your feet up. Its always nice to relax in between rounds instead of driving around trying to find food and make it back on time.

I am sure more information will be added to this as we get closer to game day, so please check back if you want to stay up to date on everything. The field is starting to fill up, so get yourself pre-registered and we will see you there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 pm

It looks like the tournaments are approaching capacity! There are only about 20 or so spots left for both days. If you plan on playing in either event, I suggest you get yourself registered ASAP! In years past, showing up on the morning of the tournament was good enough...you might have even been given a disc and mini too. Not this year, fellas. If you are the 91st player waiting in line to fill one of the last remaining spots, you will not be playing tournament golf that day. Once we register player #90, it is 100% closed. If you unfortunately happen to be golfer #91+ on Saturday, there is a really sweet course (Rock Spring) and restaurant (Fast Eddies) nearby, so don't fret too much. If you are golfer #91+ on Sunday, there are sweet courses all around Endicott to pick from, so you will still be able to get your disc on, just not at Endicott...

We hate to turn people away, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby troymcclure on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 pm

What is the stamped disc?
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Aced 4C today with a broken left wrist, thank God I am right handed! I'm diggin the setup for the tourney but then again, I'm only an Am. Only my 3rd ace ever recorded, totally lookin forward to this weekend!

Johnny Lynn
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments