JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Postby discdoh on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Here is the info...

Notice that there are 2 drop weeks for the Spring League. This will be a new feature for the Spring League session ONLY! This should give all of the teams that have a hard time getting their schedules coordinated right off of the bat some time to figure things out.

Last edited by discdoh on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: JB Doubles Spring League 2012

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Here is a little more info...

Don't foget that JB Doubles Spring League 2012 starts next Tuesday! If you don't have your partner lined up yet, it is now officially time to get on it! Hopefully it is as warm and sunny as it is today...

Ace Poster

Postby jhenson on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

early weather report shows 76 and sunny!
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Wow! What a great kick-off for the JB Doubles League 2012! The weather was absolutely perfect and the course was full of happy disc golfers (as far as I could tell). How could you not have a good time with 80 degree temperatures and not a cloud in the sky?

First of all, I would like to congratulate Rick Johnson (1A), Aaron Walther (4A), and John Lloyd (12A) on their incredible ACES! Yes, you are reading that correctly...3 ACES were hit on the first night of league play for 2012! I believe 3 ACES were hit all last year, so it looks like we are ahead of the curve already. The good news for everyone else is that these guys decided to hit their ACES on the same night. So, not only was the ACE POOL at a measly $60, but they had to split it 3 ways. I guess $20 is better than $0, right?! With any luck the ACES will simmer down some and we can start building up the ACE POOL towards a big number. Keep in mind that I LOVE splitting up the ACE POOL money into a bunch of CTPs for the Week 9 Tournament when nobody cashes it in for awhile. How about we all agree to just hit a bunch of metals from here on out? ;)

I would also like to congratulate Jim Misuraca for shooting the hot round. His brother couldn't make it for Week 1, so he had to shoot CALI. This obviously didn't seem to bother him too much, as he carded a pretty tidy 38 (-16). I have played a few rounds with him recently, and, honestly, this doesn't surprise me too much. His game has really started to look pretty effortless. I would expect good things for him on the tournament circuit this year as well...

I would like to remind everyone that did not make it to Week 1 that it is NOT too late to sign up for the league. Everyone is getting 2 drop weeks figured in, so you can actually sign up as late as Week 3 without getting penalized. The league stands at 41 registered teams right now and I would not be surprised to see that number go up in the next couple of weeks. Could this be the year that JB Doubles hits 100 players?

Here are your standings after Week 1...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Mattress on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks Doh. As normal, running the best league I've played in. That's including the 4 states I've lived in since I started playing this game. It will be no surprise to me if it is another record breaking year for players.

Oh yeah nice round ol "Yeah Do is sick, and league is cancelled" guy.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks for the love Mattress! I aim to please.

I think I remember Jim telling everybody that a couple of years ago. It was a good thing that nobody listened to him, if I remember correctly. But then again, does anybody ever really listen to Jim anyways? :lol:
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby GeorgeS on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Looks like Me and my partner have some work to put in this spring. Looking forward to it though. We had fun week 1. Cant wait to meet everyone and pick up a thing or too. Good luck to everyone this year. Bang them chains!!
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm

GeorgeS wrote:Looks like Me and my partner have some work to put in this spring. Looking forward to it though. We had fun week 1. Cant wait to meet everyone and pick up a thing or too. Good luck to everyone this year. Bang them chains!!

George, a story I tell to new league players is that my partner and I were last place last division the first league I played 15 yrs ago. Old cliche, "keep coming back", your game WILL improve. Oh I wished I could play this league.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby GeorgeS on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 am

oh no worries. I knew we were not goin to come in and compete just yet , but we will have fun and improve our game. Just looking forward to getting out and throwing some plastic around.
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Here are the standings after Week 2...

No ACES were hit, so we should be right around $125 for Week 3. There are still going to be a bunch of opportunities to make some serious runs, so get your aim zoned in and walk out with a nice wad o' cash!

The top of the leaderboard has tightened up. But we all knew that Jim/Nick couldn't keep up that unreal pace, right?!

See you all tomorrow!
Last edited by discdoh on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.