Bridgeton is moving along at a slower pace than we had hoped - but we are making progress. They did not want to talk with us for the last few months because they still have a lot of debris on that property from the tornado and from the rebuilding of city hall.
The good news is Tim Wiegard, Dave McCormack, and I met with Bridgeton at 1pm today. We met with Joe Campbell, who has worked for Bridgeton for 32 years. Joe had maps of the area ready for us and showed us the areas that are allowed for a course – the allowed area is smaller than last year as Bridgeton has decided to allow a large area for a dog park. Dave M. looked at the map and said it still allows for about 1 acre per hole (18 holes). Joe really emphasized that he wants us to listen to what they say. He said they will not be moving fast on this (they still have the debris to clear from tornado and city hall rebuilding), and he prefers we take one step at a time. The ‘disc’ is in our court right now as the first step is to come back to Bridgeton with a new design.
· Dave M. will redesign, and then run it by us. Dave will have front and back 9’s circle back into a single spot. The course will have multiple tee placements to allow for differing skill levels (beginner and up)
· Once the design is ready, we will send it to Joe and setup a time to walk the design.
· Once Bridgeton okays it, Joe will try to give us a better idea of when the debris might be cleared
· After the okay, we will work with Joe to get a temp course put in for a day to pressure test the design. Dave suggested it be on a weekday so that Joe and other Bridgeton people could try it out – along with some club members. The idea here is to make sure the design works.
· After this, once we get the green light from Bridgeton (and the debris is cleared), we can start installing the course.
My ‘guess’ is we are a few months away – maybe June/July. Joe will let us know as we move along, and I will post periodic updates.
With this new update, we will do the Friday 'day' event before the STL Open at Endicott, and we also hope to have a cave event for Friday night.