The Cave!!!!!!

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Re: The Cave!!!!!!

Postby Richard~Cheese on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Heard there has been some work done to improve things. Anyone got updates? Goin to head down this friday for happy hour. Was wonderin if anyone has set up any kind of format for play ie.tag battle, cash,or just rec rounds?
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

I wouldn't say there's really been anything done too different. Two weeks ago we made holes 1,2 and 3 longer (and better)... there are a couple of new lights in a few places... I here that an effort is underway to light enough of the cave to work on turning it into an 18 hole, but there are no certainties at the moment.

No official format has developed yet, mostly just recreational but there is a league forming there right now - I think it's doubles and I know they are charging $10 (hopefully $5 of which covers to your entry fee). Look for Joe McKee when you get there to ask about the league.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 am

Yes, we are slowly developing the underground! For march 2nd, we will do a $20 a team doubles. 1/2 of that is entry fee, the other 1/2 goes to a pro payout and am prises. The rest will go to developing the underground.

After this Friday, the course will be a modified 9 holes, we are working on a layout to bring you back to the beer and port a potty. Please no smoking in the cave. We will try to have trash cans out, thanks for trying to use them (the white ones were better than the ground).
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 am

WE HAVE 18 HOLES IN THE UNDERGROUND! It is a developing area, so lighting is getting better, but not perfect. I will see all you doubles folks around 7pm. Rolling starts until we all get on the field. $20 a team, no outside beer, they have beer for $2 a can, $3 for shots and mixed drinks. ABSOLUTLY NO SMOKING IN THE CAVE!
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Just an update. There are 9 holes in the cave currently. It is open Friday 7pm-12am and also Saturday and Sunday from 1-5pm. $5 to play as much as you like. Remember don't bring alcohol in, they sell it cheap. And absolutly no smoking in the cave. Enjoy!
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 am

Quickie! This friday , the 23rd, we will do the same as the collegiate weekend. $20 for 2 man teams. Pro and ams. There will be 18 baskets set up, mostly the same way, with lighting getting better, slowly, these are still the temp baskets... any questons feel free to send me a message.
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby Lazerface on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Im with a group of 4 that wants to come down, but we wanted to get there as early as possible. I know it's typically 7, but last time you guys did dubs people showed up earlier. I was just wondering the earliest time we could show up. THANKS!! In advance
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

Hit a Cave Ace last night...no clue which hole # (I'm not even sure which course it was now that I think about it). Blind pin, lefty hyzer, heard it hit nice and solid...fun times.

Quick Cave update for those who haven't been down in awhile:
* 2 18 hole courses on site (North & South)
* $5 to play one of the courses as much as you'd like
* LED's and rental frisbees available @ check-in
* Navigation and lighting better than my last visit, but not quite 'perfect' yet (maps available, but still very easy, at least for me & my crew, to get turned around or confused as to which of several visible/possible pins you may be supposed to shoot for)

Stop down sometime and play the Cave... there's still nothing quite like it in the DG-universe, and it's right in our (extended) backyard!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Does that actually mean there are 36 baskets there now??? :?:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Yup, 36 baskets. I went a a couple Friday's ago and there was a beer cart! You can also play on Saturday nights 7 to I think 11. The only catch is that it is 21 and up and $10 to play. $5 of the 10 goes to a cover charge for whatever band is playing that night. I think beer is also $3 on Saturday nights. The crystal city underground website has all the information about the bands that are playing on Saturday nights.

Peace

Johnny
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General DG Talk