Can you say "36 holes at Sioux Passage"?

Florissant, MO

Re: Can you say "36 holes at Sioux Passage"?

Postby discdoh on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:03 am

There is actually not going to be a Creve Coeur removal. They are just not going to continue to mow on a regular basis to satisfy the disc golf course. I think the plans to use the west end for a new maintenance area has something to do with this. The holes that are not affected by the upcoming construction will remain usable on a seasonal basis, I believe. Because of this, we might have to turn the course into a "seasonal" course for the time being. During the winter months it should remain usable. Otherwise, when the grass gets overgrown, the baskets might have to be removed to not encourage people to try and play. I think that is all for now. Once the construction is done, maybe they will consider letting us re-develop an 18 holer again. I think they realize that this is putting a bit of a dagger in the hearts of a bunch of dedicated CCers, so they offered us a totally new area at Sioux to develop another 18. Trust me, this could be quite epic...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Epic, maybe? But, it wouldn't be within walking distance of my house. Even if I set my selfish motives aside, I think it would be tragic to loose CC. I'd prefer to see more roped off "out of bounds" areas to cut down the amount of "cuttable" grass and hopefully add a new look/challenge to that course. I think there are a lot of alternatives to abandoning such a great course.
Just my 2 cents
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Lilbrother2 on Sun May 13, 2012 10:41 am

I love how people comment n say they wanna help n they wanna do this but when it comes to nothin happens, I think once were approved and try go in nobody will be disappointed Sioux has one of the greatest minds mapping this course so it shall be amazing
Lilbrother2
Bogey Poster

Postby eazy$mny on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 pm

has anyone heard anything on the second 18 lately?
eazy$mny
Bogey Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Check under ( work days NEW 18 HOLES )

That said We as a club need your help to get this course playable

So if you and your friends would like to help Please read the thread above to find out when We are working

:mrgreen: :roll: :geek:
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to Sioux Passage Park