Can you say "36 holes at Sioux Passage"?

Florissant, MO

Can you say "36 holes at Sioux Passage"?

Postby discdoh on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow!

It sounds like this is going to happen for real! There is no timeline set yet, or any guarantees, but it is looking like the dream is finally becoming reality! We will soon have 36 permanent holes at SP!

Details will follow as they become available...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Can you say "36 holes at Sioux Passage"?

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 am

This would absolutely be as awesome as it gets!!! Please......please.......please......let this become reality!!! :mrgreen: :D :D
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 am

That would be absolutely amazing!!! Is the design like that of the Club Opener temporary holes?

Johnny Lynn
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby codybritton on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 pm

oh boy! so excite! This is my home course that I love to go and tear up as often as I can. To have another 18 holes would definitly be a dream come true lets make it happen if help is needed count me in.
rcf# 16
codybritton
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

This is really cool stuff. The main obstacle is probably going to be mowing. The big multi-million dollar budget cut to county parks has them saying that large lawn areas at most county parks will no longer be mowed more than once a year, if at all. There is a lot of lawn at Sioux Passage.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Is this a "good new-bad news" deal? The good news is another 18 at Sioux, the bad news is Creve Coeur is dead as a doornail?
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:19 am

Working Stiff wrote:Is this a "good new-bad news" deal? The good news is another 18 at Sioux, the bad news is Creve Coeur is dead as a doornail?

How perceptive of you Stiff.........yeah, that's the way it looks, although hopefully the RCF will explore every avenue before actually pulling out of CC.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:52 pm

It's an insurance issue for the most part. The county is asking us to carry a ridiculously expensive insurance policy if we want to mow it ourselves. Not saying it's off the table... just what I've heard so far. At Creve Coeur, there is also the new maintenance building that is going to knock out the 5 holes on the west end of the course. There is no news about when or if the holes can be relocated... just that.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 am

I know that having a 36 hole park has been a "want" for a long time, so there is an upside. Given the possibilities, the 18 holes that will be gained will probably be better than the 18 that are lost. I'm just kinda surprised that Creve Coeur seems to be going without a notice. It was our second course. The reaction to it flooding is what got Sioux Passage installed in the first place. It recovered from years spent as an overgrown 9-hole to be used during A tiers. There is a lot of St. Louis disc golf history tied up in that piece of land. From what I can tell, pulling it is a done deal and I understand the reasons. I'd just expect more of a reaction than just "Yeah, we get our 36 holes at Sioux." We are losing something as well.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Puck'n'Disc5 wrote:That would be absolutely amazing!!! Is the design like that of the Club Opener temporary holes?

Johnny Lynn

I would guess the layout would be slightly different so it doesn't wrap around the pavilion and playground area. But, I think that really only affects 2 holes if I remember correctly.

Now, what is this I hear about CC being pulled out? That's (sad) news to me. I haven't ever heard anything about this. I do know STLCP were talking about shutting down a couple parks, but I didn't think that would have anything to do with pulling the course at CC. What are they going to do with all that land? Maybe we can negotiate for 18 more at SP and turn CC into a 9er
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Sioux Passage Park