The Valentine Massacre - Saturday 2/11/12 - JB

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The Valentine Massacre - Saturday 2/11/12 - JB

Postby discdoh on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Here is the info...

Our new Club Chef, Corey, will be taking care of the food. From what I understand, he did an excellent job at The Holly Daze and has offered to take care of the food duties for any event that we need him. Thank you Corey! I am not positive what his plans are, but I am sure it will be delicious and reasonably priced. If he happens to check out this thread, maybe he will post what he has planned for the vittles...

This will be a flighted AM event. Once we see how many AMs enter the event, we will break it down into an adequate number of flights. The top 50% in each flight will prize out (see "RCF Tournament AM Payout Schedule" in the "Revised Payout Tables for RCF Events" thread). This should make for a competitive second round no matter where you stand. After the first round is completed, we will separate everyone into their corresponding flights and the prize values will be posted for everyone to see.

If there are any TIES after the first round that result in a decision on which player gets to play on the higher card, the player that carded the most birdies in the first round goes. If it still a TIE, the player that carded the least amount of bogey holes goes (double bogeys and worse only count as 1 bogey hole). If it is still a TIE, the player that came in with the lowest RCF tag goes. This should settle any disputes...

discdoh
Ace Poster

EAT@ Valentines Massacre

Postby warboss on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:06 am

Thanks for the mention and the continuing opportunity! I have a great time! As always lunch will be $5 for your meal and drink. I will also have Cliff Bars and Fruit.

On the menu
Herbivore: Loaded Veggie Wraps
Lettuce, Tomato, Broccoli, Avocado, Carrot, Black Olive, Mushroom, Sunflower Kernels, Cheese
Veggie Stir Fry*
Omnivore: Loaded BBQ Dogs
Grilled Beef Hot Dog piled with Baked Beans, Cole Slaw and Pulled Pork
Combo BBQ*
Pulled Pork, Ribs, Burgers

If you have any suggestions or requests please send me a message and I will try to accommodate.

Thanks!
Corey "the food guy"

*still working on these, I will elaborate as the event nears.
"the food guy"
warboss
Bogey Poster

Re: The Valentine Massacre - Saturday 2/11/12 - JB

Postby discdoh on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

Just a few small updates...

2 new pin positions have been installed, and will be used for the VM. Hole 7 now has a "D" position over to the right in the woods. Since it is new, it will take a little luck to park your drive until the brush gets beat down a bit. I pulled out a ton of vines yesterday and plan on doing more work on the hole later today. With any luck the hole should look nice and be a ton of fun. :o Hole 10 now has a "D" position that is approxiamately 90 feet past the current "C" position. It can also effectively act as an alternate pin position for Hole 8 as well. It is positioned on the opposite side of the tree that Hole 8C is next to.

The VM will also be including some artificial OB. Artificial OB refers to any OB that is not normally in play. For instance, Hole 13 will be placed in the stump position for the tournament. There will be a painted area around the stump that will turn the hole into an "island" hole (the painted area will be larger than what was used at last weeks Nooner). The BUNCR rule will be in effect...if your drive does not land in the safe zone you will have to re-tee without a penalty and try again. This continues until you finally land in the safe zone. There will also be some artificial OBs on a handful of other holes or so. To score well you will have to try and not get massacred at The Massacre!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Time2Throw on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:33 pm

If a guy or two were to get to JB this weekend, would the pins be in the same location they will be for the Massacre?

Thank you.
Time2Throw
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

The pins are not currently in the VM setup. They will be moved on Sunday afternoon after the Nooner. Mark D, Jay A and myself are meeting for breakfast that morning to hammer out the final details. I imagine the course will not change a ton, however.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:03 pm

The course is set up. The only hole that remains to be moved is Hole 14 (it will be a hanging basket :twisted: ).

Here is the course layout...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 pm

And here is the CTP info...

BTW, the "TBG CTP" is a special CTP provided by Teddy BallGame Spies.

This should be a really fun event. We played the majority of the layout at todays Nooner, and it went very smoothly. JB is looking really nice, considering all of the wet weather we have had recently. I am officially a Hole 7D backer...the new pin position kicks booty!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 am

Should be an awesome event and it looks like the weather should be cooperative. Just wondering whats up with "the dead pool" and what kind of items are encouraged to bring for it? :lol:
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 pm

The Dead Pool will be an actual kiddie pool positioned directly underneath the hanging basket. If you clank your putt off of the basket, there is a good chance that it will drop into The Dead Pool. There is also the possibility of having an Ace Run ending up in The Dead Pool. Hopefully it is not too brutal, but this is The St. Valentine's Massacre after all!

The Dead Pool will be filled up with some water that is dyed blood red. You could just throw a penny in it for good luck, but I am encouraging people to bring some more creative donations...maybe a doll's head, a fake hand, a toy knife, etc. Once the tournament is completed, it should make for a nice photo to use on the plaque design.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 am

Hmmm...what is this?

It looks like some kind of "hitman" calling card...I'm not sure I want to be on the recieving end of a "NOONER"...

Could it be an extra TBG CTP giveaway? Or is it something more sinister?

discdoh
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments