23rd Annual White Birch Ice Bowl tournament- 2/4/12

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm

On Sat., Feb. 4, at White Birch Park in Hazelwood, MO., the 23rd Annual Ice Bowl Tournament will take place. 2 rounds of golf, divisions available will be--- Open, Masters, Advanced, Intermediate, Women, & juniors. Awards to the top finishers.

Tee Time is 10:00 A.M. Entry Fee is $15.00 Bring your canned goods to donate.....

Lunch & an Ice Bowl mini is provided for all participants........& a portion of the entry fee will go to the St. Louis Area Foodbank.

So.......come on out......it's a worthy cause & certainly always a good time as well! :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: 23rd Annual White Birch Ice Bowl tournament- 2/4/12

Postby discdoh on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Here is the official flyer for the tournament. Please note that the entry fee has been lowered to $15 for ALL participants this year (used to be $20 for non-residents). Hope to see you there...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 am

I also forgot to mention there will be a charity auction at the event with the proceeds also going to the St. Louis Area Food Bank..........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby warboss on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to playing in this one!
"the food guy"
warboss
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 am

Sorry this is my first one at White Birch so it may just be my ignorance. The flyer says that there are 2 rounds - 1st Pro 2nd AM. So is each division only playing one round or are both playing 2 rounds?

Also the website listed in the flyer says:
Price
Resident: $15.00
Non-resident: $25.00
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:23 am

gregwil2 wrote:Sorry this is my first one at White Birch so it may just be my ignorance. The flyer says that there are 2 rounds - 1st Pro 2nd AM. So is each division only playing one round or are both playing 2 rounds?

Also the website listed in the flyer says:
Price
Resident: $15.00
Non-resident: $25.00

Okay, that first round pro, 2nd AM stuff is referring to the tee pads used, not divisions. And I think that isn't set in stone, could change due to conditions, etc. There are two sets of tees on about 2/3 of the course. Everyone, regardless of division, will play 2 rounds.

Secondly, disregard any mention of different fees for the tournament ---- it's $15.00 for everyone.

If you have any further questions, don't hestitate.....I'll try my best to answer them!!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

Disc Up,
LAKERland to be set up for this event. :D
Any special request this time? :mrgreen:

8-)

A family/friend emergency has come up for Saturday and I will not be able to set up LAKERland. :( :cry: So sorry, but you know the rules, "family and friends first".
Last edited by emptv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

click the link to check out a SpotTV video from last year's Hazelwood Ice Bowl, 'starring' Bob Waidmann!

23rd Annual White Birch Ice Bowl

***EDIT: fixed the link to the video page...sorry about that***
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby bobosun on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 am

The 23nd Annual Hazelwood Ice Bowl will be held this Saturday Feb4th, at White Birch Park.
Fees: Residents and Non-Residents $15 Time: 10 a.m. start
Divisions: Open, Masters, Advanced, Intermediate, Women, and Junior.
There will be awards for the top 2 in each division.

We have already surpassed our total of food from last year. Last year we donated over 900 pounds. Currently we are at over 1040 pounds, which is fantastic!. Thanks to everyone so far, & lets see what we can do at Hazelwood. BRING CAN GOODS.

Food: Hazelwood is providing hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and soft drinks after the first round.

The 1st round will be from the pro tees & the 2nd round from the am tees.

Tournament Central will downstairs in the warming room.

There will be a $5.00 buy in for ctp's, that will be over $200.00 worth of gift cards and merchandise.
4 ctp's per round.

There will be lots of cool stuff for the silent auction and Ice Bowl Merchandise.
Discs, Towels, Cardinal Stuff, Bags, Pictures, ETC....
If you have anything to donate, please bring it Saturday.
The auction will run until after the second round.
The ace pool will be 1.00 for all day. If no one hits, it will all go to the food bank. If it gets hit it will be for 50% to the winner & 50% to the food bank.

MULLIGANS.........Oh how I love the mulligans. Past years, the mulligans proved to be one of the best fund raising things we did. So this year I'm going to award a basket to someone. Everyone who buys at least 5 mulligans will be entered in a drawing to win a basket. AND......The person with the most mulligans purchased will get a special prize ( $50 value ). Mulligans will again be $1.00 each. When you check in, you will get an envelope. Put your name on it & as you play whenever you want to buy an extra shot, put a check mark. At the end of the tournament make sure the money is in, your name is on it, and how many or much is inside. This year......UNLIMITED MULLIGENS!!!!!! remember this is for fun and charity not whether you win or lose.....there are no losers here...We are all WINNERS!!!!!

If you don't want to, or need to, buy any mulligans you can still get a chance at the basket buy having at least $5.00 in your envelope. So if you buy 3 & want a chance, put 2 more in for a chance.

Thanks to everyone and see you there!!!
Bob Waidmann 314-307-2187

p.s. The $ donation now stands at $2329.00. Nice job everyone!!!!

There will be RCF club memberships available for sale that day also. Ask me why you should become a member & I'll give you 18 or 36 or 72 reasons why you should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 am

Awesome job, Bob and the Hazelwood staff!

I know the tournout was a little low due to the crappy morning weather, but I think the diehards had no problems pulling out their wallets to help make up for the numbers. There must have been at least a few hundred bucks made on mulligans alone (probably just making up for the "floating on mud" putts)! The silent auction was truly epic! It looked like Gateway and LSDiscs had a hand in donating some extremely fine swag, but Bob absolutely outdid himself! He loaded up the tables with some extremely desirable plastic that had the bidding crowd in a frenzy! Some REALLY good deals were had on some top notch stuff! The CTP prizes were incredible as well! Big time kudos go out to Bob...again! He does more for St. Louis Disc Golf than you can imagine, and he never asks for any recognition. Truly a class act! You White Birchers are seriously lucky to have him as your top dog... The Hazelwood P & R Department did an excellent jump keeping things running smoothly and providing an awesome lunch setup. I think we all tried to avoid tearing the course up too much, but the overnight downpours turned the course into a bit of a mush pile. I hope they don't get too upset at the damage. Maybe we can all help them spread some ground cover in the next couple of weeks to make up for the lost ground...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments