The Cave!!!!!!

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

The Cave!!!!!!

Postby bobosun on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Was that fun or what!! I've been playing now in 5 decades, been to 7 World championships, been to the Japan Open 3 times, but playing in 'the' cave for the first time then playing some pick up volleyball with your friends is right up there with one of the best disc golf experiences one could have. Thanks to everyone for a great Ice Bowl at West City & fun at the cave. Can't wait for more.
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Re: The Cave!!!!!!

Postby discdoh on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:28 pm

I agree 100%! The cave was a total blast! I think there is talk about this becoming a Friday evening possibility on a regular basis. There is also talk about course exspansion. I think we also might need to organize a innaugural cave event...maybe a tag shuffle or something.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby troymcclure on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

What is this exactly? website or something about this?
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 am

Yeah.......How about a little more info, please!! How many holes, how long are they in general, who put this in, is it permanent or just a trial basis thing.........basically, what's the deal?????? :?:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:06 am

i'll be posting up a bunch of pictures/links/etc. from the Cave/Mine tomorrow...check back for more!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby bobosun on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 am

Go to http://www.crystalcityunderground.com/

6 million square feet!!!!!!!!

200 acres

OK who's starting Mole Tags...........or Bat Tags?

Click on the link for the Superbowl Party.
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

swing by the Updates Page of the Club website for nearly 100 pictures of the Crystal City Underground DGC and a grainy lo-fi video shot after the Ice Bowl Series event on Jan. 28th...

click here to go underground!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

I was super honored to be the first person to tee off at the first ever open to the public game on this course on Friday the 20th. Everything about the experience was just the coolest and I felt like a real pioneer (probably because I had to scout out and find everything in the pitch black - as nobody had turned on any lights or put up any signs yet at that point - awesome). Mark also asked me to put the course up on DGCourseReview.com... so I did. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5055#

Thanks again to Mark Dudenhoeffer for making this possible.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 am

Played again tonight and had a blast again. Even nailed a 100' putt for a birdie on 8.

HOWEVER!, I am very, very disappointed in a good deal of disc golfers right now :evil:

On my first round, I picked up and bagged about 60 beer cans that were left all over the course from last Saturday. The owner of the course and his right hand man were significantly less than thrilled with it. To add insult to injury, there were several other groups playing CCUDGC tonight and on my second round, I picked up another 10 COLD beer cans... and another 6 on my third round.

YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What is perhaps the coolest thing to happen to disc golf in the area is barely getting started and you already want to ruin it by pissing off the owners of this place by leaving your trash everywhere? They are now talking about charging a $1.00 deposit per beverage that you don't get back unless you bring back the can or bottle to the concession stand when you leave... to see if that fixes it or they'll have to get more drastic. In case anyone is confused, the white barrels are NOT trash cans... that's why they are sealed shut. They are NOT there to use as a table to leave trash on either.

They also apparently caught somebody tonight taking a piss out in the cave instead of using the porta potty. COME ON! This course has only been open to the public 4 days and we've already got the owners thinking negatively about us.

I want to make sure that everyone understands that I'm not shaming everyone, just those who are working extra hard to try to ruin this for the rest of us.

A BIG thanks to the guys from the Sharpshooters for coming out and bringing the basket lights. Those are awesome.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Scooter on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 am

Couldnt agree more! Please if you come down and play the cave clean up after yourself and dont ruin this for those who want this to turn into somethin stellar thanks for the shout out to the sharpshooters we just like to get out and throw and have a great time so please in advance dont mess this up for everyone
JCS# 42
RCF# 221
Cuvvy# 28
Chain Gang# 63
Centralia# 14
Scooter
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to General DG Talk