2012 Website and Forum Changes

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Re: 2012 Website and Forum Changes

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:48 pm

what's up, jeff! yeah, the "quick question" polls haven't gotten a ton of votes yet, but they're trending up. maybe i'll move them more toward the top of the page for a while and see if they get some more eyeballs.

i'm sure the "answers" that i've suggested for some of the polls don't cover all the bases, and i'm sure i'm forgetting some obvious options on some of them. the question you reference may fit both of those categories, but i can't take credit- i "borrowed" the question and options from the gateway website.

if anyone has any, feel free to suggest poll ideas for the main page. i've run out of ideas for now!

ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Hmm, ideas for the poll...

How many discs can you have in your bag before it should be considered that you might have a
"problem"?
A: 8
B: 15
C: 25
D: What, can you ever have too many?

Also, how about a question that doesn't pick on Watson Trail? I'm trying to maintain some sense of self respect as the CC over there.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 am

hi daniel! that sounds like a winning poll to me...although by your metrics i'm well into the 'problem' zone!

i'll add it to the website today at some point- if others have poll/question ideas, post 'em up.

and, only one of the polls takes a 'shot' at watson, and it does so in a light-hearted and truly hilarious manner...it stays! :D

ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

yo. some changes have been made to both the forums and the main website over the last week or so as you may have noticed, so i thought i'd throw a post up here to outline what all is going down.

Main Site:

- new banners/headers from daniel doss (stubborn puppet) for each page...i think they look nice!
- tweaked the color scheme
- brand new events page, including an interactive calendar where you can find links to tourney details and discussion as soon as they go live
- photo slideshows for most area courses are just a click away on our courses page...now we can dream of being out and throwing plastic while we're inside this winter!
- our updates page has been re-jiggered for ease of posting and linking. you can now also "comment" on any of the posts made on the updates page if you've got something to share!
- i've opened up an .rss feed from our updates page as well, so if you'd like to subscribe to that feed the url is: http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/feed/ or you can click the "entries .rss" link on any page of the home site
- fixed some broken links (if you find any links that aren't working or don't go where they should, please let me know)
- tweaked the layout of some pages to make it a bit less text-heavy (who wants to read all that anyway?)
- moved the "quick question" polls up the page a bit

Forums:

- changed the default style. to read more about that and get some tips to make sure the forums display the way you'd like please check this post
- added a 'mobile' style that should make it easier for those who use phones or other mobile devices to read, navigate, and post on the forums. to learn more, read this post
- i banned a couple of hundred adbots/spam accounts. if you see any posts or posters who clearly don't belong on our board, please shoot me a PM or report the posts immediately. thanks!
- i've added direct links to our events and leagues pages in the appropriate forums. i'll be adding a direct link to the main website on the board index here soon. to easily get to the main site from the forums right now, you can just click the club logo in the upper left.
- i've opened some .rss/ATOM feeds from the forums. if you're familiar with .rss/ATOM and would like the url's of the feeds so you can keep up on the forums without having to browse over here, please let me know.

that's about it for now i guess. as always- good, bad, or other, if you have any thoughts on the changes that have been made, please post here in this thread or let me know via PM and we'll see what we can do!

thanks
ted spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A