Postby magic on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:30 am

Ice Bowl
Attachments
2012-01-21 Ice Bowl 2.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Ice Bowl - SCCDGC - January 21st

Postby magic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 am

Just thought I'd get this bumped up and clarify one thing.

There was a question before in regards to the raffle. There will actually be 2 separate raffles. One is going to be an ongoing raffle for an Innova portable basket that will be drawn at the club championships in September. Every participant in a SCCDGC event up to and including the club champs will receive a raffle ticket. You get one ticket for each event played. Tickets can also be purchased, 1 for $1 or 6 for $5

There will be another raffle for just the Ice Bowl. You will receive 1 raffle ticket for every canned good or $1 cash that is donated. This raffle will be for cash prizes. If anyone has any items they would like to donate for the raffle it would be very much appreciated.

I'll see everyone out there on Saturday.
magic
Ace Poster

Ice Bowl - SCCDGC - January 21st

Postby emptv on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Disc up,
Sounds like a great event for LAKERland. Look for us on the back 9, stop in, stock up, and fly long & prosper! :mrgreen: What will be happening in LAKERland this time? Maybe we need to spice things up, free drawing for prizes and a $1 buy in 50/50. Just for fun. :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 am

Should be a great event. Looking forward to seein the guys from LAKERland, I owe you all one! :D
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks to everyone who made it out. A very big thanks to Jim Nelms for taking care of the registrations. Shane Chesher lent a big hand with figuring out the scores at the end. Very much appreciated guys!

The charity we are donating to is the OASIS Food Pantry and Thrift Shop. They are an all-volunteer organization serving the St. Charles County area.

We had 74 particpants. There was an independent observer, Doug McCormick, who added up the cash. The total we both had was $773. Another $10 came in from a late registration and we got another $20 donation from LAKERland. Thanks Bruce! That brought the total to $803.

My plan for the split on the $10 entry fee is below:
$1 to the SCCDGC
$1 to the ace pool
$2 to the raffle
$6 to OASIS Food Pantry

Gary Suarez did hit an ace on hole # 5, but he was not a member of the SCCDGC. Sorry Gary. There is $74 from this event added to the $21 carrying over to bring the total ace pool to $95 going into the 3 Man Battle Royale in March.

From the $803 total here is the breakdown:
$74 to the club
$74 to the ace pool
$148 to the raffle (this was rounded to $150)
$ 444 to OASIS
Total = $742
Difference of $803 - $742 = $61 (this amount was from some guys who paid the $2 instead of cans and additional raffle tickets.)
Total donation to OASIS is $444 + $61 = $505.

Going from what was written down there were 334 cans donated. At an average of .8 pounds per can that is 267 pounds. That is just an estimate. All I know is we have a lot of cans going towards a great cause!

Many people may not have noticed, but every participant did receive a raffle ticket for a basket that will be drawn at the Club Champs in September. Your name was written on the ticket, so you don’t need to be present to win.

There was a CTP on every hole for 5 additional raffle tickets. I do have all of the winners, but see no reason to post all of them.

We raffled off 3 discs and $150 cash. Below are the winners:
$5 each was given to Josh Cole and Craig Vaness. They had the 2 biggest can donations with Josh bringing 60 and Craig bringing 62. Thank you very much!
Disc – Mike Reynolds
Disc – Craig Vaness
Disc – Craig Vaness
$5 – Craig Vaness
$10 – Ricky Wells
$15 – Shane Chesher
$20 – Ryan Oden
$25 – Bob Davis
$30 – Andy Majesky
$35 – Don Crane

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know.
Attachments
2012 Ice Bowl 3.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 am

Below is a short article on the event:

http://wentzville.patch.com/articles/di ... mperatures
magic
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments