The Ice Bowl Series 2012

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The Ice Bowl Series 2012

Postby discdoh on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Here is the info...

Last year we were the 18th most generous disc golf region in the world! Let's do our best to make a bigger donation this year!

There will be a raffle giveaway at the end of the series (you do not need to be present to win). I do not have a list of stuff that will be given away, but you can rest assured that there will be a lot of quality items. If you have anything to donate to the cause, please let your intentions be known here and bring your items to the Holly Daze or any of the Ice Bowl Seies events. If you work for an employer that might be interested in making a tax deductible donation (cash or product), ask them and we will be sure to get them the proper receipts.

Speaking of employers, it has always been a worthwhile effort to put out a canned good collection bin at the workplace. For every can that a co-worker donates you will get a raffle ticket. Bam! All of a sudden you have a pocket overflowing with prize potential and the local food bank has a whole bunch of goodness to work with!

Let's get some trunks overflowing with donations!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The Ice Bowl Series 2012

Postby discdoh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:08 am

Bump!

Get your canned goods pile started! I heard rumors of some sweet swag for the raffle...well, okay, I can personally account for the items I have ready to go...they are sweet!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 am

Doh,
The Bomb, 1 round finally the powers..... This is awesome. Then any of the boys that wanna have a money round can have. The rest of us if we choose, which will be maj. will go home. 1 round wow what an idea ;)
Great Idea...

Peace.
8-)
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Paragon sent some swag as well. It's time to contact all our sponsors for donations to the food banks through CTP prizes. Donations from personal stock are encouraged and appreciated. Everyone should receive a receipt as a record of their donation for tax purposes. It would speed the process if a written copy of the items and their value were turned in at the time of the donation.
Ron, you may remember we changed the format last year to 1 round. There were many more in favor of repeating this format (especially the TDs) that the board is doing it again. The change from last year is the start time moved to 11a from a Nooner start and the St Charles Club wanted their Ice Bowl to be a separate 2 round event.
There may be some flexibility to have an Ice Bowl or Winter Series Event on a temp course too.

Finally, a word from Alan Amos regarding the most sought after food donation; peanut butter. Alan also mentioned that money is the most sought after donation of all because the food banks get a lot more mileage from a dollar than we do.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I've been arguing for YEARS that one round makes MUCH more sense for most of the Ice Bowls.......Good to see that idea finally starting to happen! :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby warboss on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi, my name is Corey. We may have met at the Holly Daze tournament, I brought lunch. I will have lunch available at this weekend's Ice Bowl at CC. You'll get your belly full for $5, can't go wrong with that. I'll make another post as to what's on the menu once I get it figured out.
"the food guy"
warboss
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Just giving this a friendly bump...

After a couple of incredibly nice days coming up, the weather for the Creve Coeur Ice Bowl on Saturday won't be too shabby either. Looks like we are going to be dry and pushing 50 degrees! I would expect a large turnout, so try to get there nice and early to help us get everyone signed in on time. The pile of sweet swag is starting to grow for the series ending raffle drawing, so make sure to bring a bunch of canned goods and increase your chances at winning! There will also be the traditional $5 CTP Extravaganza available...50/50s, ZANFEL, discs, and some other surprises will be up for grabs!

See you there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

LAKERland at The Ice Bowl Series 2012

Postby emptv on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Disc Up,
LAKERland will be set up for the event at CC, stop on in and get your mid-course supplies. Beverages, snacks, pencils, scorecards, safety meetings, games of chance and more.
Hopefully set up between basket #9 and tee-pad #10 in the corner of the parking lot.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

awesome tourney. nice job shanx and mark cane.
gflap
Birdie Poster

EAT@ JB Ice Bowl

Postby warboss on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 am

I will be bringing lunch for this weekends Ice Bowl at Jefferson Barracks. Lunch will be $5 for your meal and drink. I will also have Cliff Bars and Fruit.

On the menu
Herbivore: Loaded Veggie Wraps(cold or hot)
Lettuce, Tomato, Broccoli, Avocado, Carrot, Black Olive, Mushroom, Sunflower Kernels, Cheese*, Egg*
Omnivore: Loaded BBQ Dogs
Grilled Beef Hot Dog piled with Baked Beans, Cole Slaw and Pulled Pork

If you have any suggestions or requests please send me a message and I will try to accommodate.

Thanks!
Corey "the food guy"

*optional
Last edited by warboss on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the food guy"
warboss
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments