What Browser are you Using?

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

What Browser do you use to view the St. Louis Disc Golf site/forums?

Mozilla Firefox
7%
Google Chrome
20%
Internet Explorer
47%
Apple Safari
13%
Other
7%
Mobile/Phone Browser
7%

Total votes : 15

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 am

yo! it's come to my attention that folks browsing the STLDGC homepage with Internet Explorer are missing out on some of the functionality and usability of the site. The main site is best viewed with Firefox or Chrome (it also seems to be fully functional in Safari), and i'd encourage any of our users who want the best browsing experience to switch over to one of those options. but, since switching browsers may not be an option for all or some of our users, i thought i'd throw this poll question out there to see what people are using.

i'd also like to hear any feedback from folks who use their phones or other mobile devices to access the site and forums, as i never do. what works? what doesn't? let me know and we'll see what can be done!

thanks for voting, and for any feedback on site usability you can give.
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby emptv on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Disc Up Ted,
It was great meeting you at the Holly Daze and every day I get on the RCF site now there are improvements. The site was satisfactory before you started helping out and now it allows me to fly to the topics I prefer like a well executed forehand throw. :D
Thank you for continuing with the site improvements, great work. :!:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: What Browser are you Using?

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm

bruce- nice meeting you as well...i should've taken a nip of santa's "christmas cheer" saturday, as i couldn't have played any worse, and it may have "warmed me up" a little. :twisted:

hopefully the site works better than my forehand throws, which are anything but perfectly executed! :lol:

glad to hear the site updates are enhancing your personal web-zen...keep me posted!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby discdoh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I use Internet Explorer 90% of the time. I am not sure what problems you speak of, because I have never had any, I don't think. I have been an extremely active participant on the is website for years. In general, however, when I am having a problem with IE, I will go to Google Chrome. It seems to be my favorite alternative out there. Old habits die hard though...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

the 'problems' are mostly with the main site/home page, not the forums so much.

it's stuff like little layout things looking different/not as nice, and some of the margin content (the "what's going on?" calendar) not being as interactive/functional. hardly a huge deal, but if folks want to 'unlock the power' ;) and see the main site the way it was designed to be seen and used, they could consider switching to a different browser.

do a test greg- check out the front page using IE (look at a few of the tabs, try to use the links/calendars/etc.), and then do the same in chrome or firefox...i'm pretty you'll like the look and response of the latter better than IE. my 2 cents.

i just want to ensure that i'm doing the best i can to get our members and users content in the most usable/accessible way possible.

thanks!
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 am

I'm with discdoh on this.......I use IE most of the time, but I have started using Google Chrome some &, I think I'm liking it more & more. I don't really pay much attention to the rest of the site, just use the forums most of the time..........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm

thanks for the feedback, jeffthrow. i've done a bit of tweaking this morning to try to make sure that all the main site content is visible and functional for all, no matter their browser of choice.

if anything doesn't seem to be showing up or working properly for you, please post it up in here!

thanks
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Also, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you Ted at the Holly Daze.......I didn't get to play, but I was there later in the day just to help wrap things up & what have you.....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby clane on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:12 pm

My normal browser is Opera, but I use Firefox, Chrome and Safari from time to time. I only use IE when I get a new computer and go download Opera, and never open it again!
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:36 pm

so you're the 2.4% of people who use opera? ;)

i figured some folks would be using that as their regular browser, but i'd never installed it. but, since you posted up in here i thought i'd take a look. it seems like the main site is functional and looks decent using it, and the forums are what they are.

let me know if you come across anything that doesn't work like it seems it should while using opera and i'll take a look at it.

thanks for posting chris!
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A