i made my way out to silver lake again yesterday, this time with five other guys for a fellow golfers' birthday celebration. regardless of whether or not i personally like all of the new-ish tee and pin placements (i don't particularly, although some of the new pin spots are definitely a good/fair challenge), the course is looking/playing great and those involved in getting and keeping the course in the shape it's in are to be commended.
some of the improvements:
* 2-4 inch, orange painted tee markers at the front corners of each tee
* all 18 tees spread with wood-chips
* good mix of the 'A' and 'B' placements currently in use
* orange capped PVC markers for the unused pin placements
* laminated Hole # signs stapled to each tee post (some have gotten water-logged/smeared, but still a welcome addition)
* very nice set of stairs from the green of #7 to #8's tee
* nice bridges/walkways installed over several elevation changes/water collection areas
again, kudos to those doing the work. anyone who hasn't yet made the trip is missing out- silver lake is definitely, in my opinion, one of the most picturesque and enjoyable courses in the area...and that's saying something considering its competition!
click here to get more details on the Silver Lake DG Course
on our Courses Page